Hanover/Lebanon First Snowshoe of the Year

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
.....and hopefully many more to come!!

Last Friday 12/28/12, I took a hike in Hanover and walked home to West Lebanon, not crossing a road till 1/2 mile from my house. Not bad, if you ask me! There isn't a lot to say, but I was kind of rushed because I only had about 2 hours of good daylight to use. But here are the pics....

Mink Brook, finally looking wintery!
IMG_4136-L.jpg

Looks like we are out in the middle of nowhere, but less than a mile from Dartmouth Hitchcock med ctr, and prob a mile or two from the college.
IMG_4149-L.jpg

New bridge, complete with deer tracks
IMG_4150-L.jpg

After realizing that I was running out of daylight, I decided to hook on to the powerlines to make up for lost time.
IMG_4156-L.jpg

Along the way, there were some nice fields.
IMG_4164-L.jpg

After about a mile, I went hard left, up the hill, and into the Boston Lot hiking/rec area. Snowfall amounts increased several inches, just by adding a couple hundred feet in elevation, and wearing snowshoes was finally comfortable.

IMG_4170-L.jpg

Boston Lot Lake-a lot prettier during the winter
IMG_4180-L.jpg

After a short visit at the lake, it was time to bushwhack straight up a hump called Crafts Hill. Then on the other side, this would lead me back towards my apt.

It was nearly sunset...time to get a move on!
IMG_4185-L.jpg

Hope you enjoyed. Happy New Year!
http://grouseking.smugmug.com/New-H...oe-in/27320924_mFn3L7#!i=2296379297&k=MtXX2pc