Happy Thanksgiving!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a great day to be out on a trail! We hiked Mt Tom and only saw one other person who was descending from Avalon. We broke the trail from that junction to the summit. From about 1/4 mile below the spur to the summit we were in 2 1/2 - 3 feet of untracked snow - pure heaven!

We includes a luker on here who is a friend of some others we hike with - today was here first hike in snow shoes!!

As we descended the sky cleared and we could see the sun shining on the peaks across the way.

The three of us enjoyed a very filling Turkey Dinner with all the trimmings at the Highland Center. As we left the sky was filled with stars. It's going to be a great day up here tomorrow!

I just arrose from a triptophane induced stuper and am running out the door to go up Uncanoonuc before my high school reunion tonight!!!

Still, I wanted to say that I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving. If you can get out there and enjoy the outdoors, you have a lot to be thankful for. :)

Happy Thanksgiving all, from sunny Sarasota Florida! I know I'm a day late, but that's what relaxing in 80 degree weather will do to me...make me forget what day it is! Hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings with loved ones, and that you are enjoying all of the snow up north--I can't wait to get back up there in that snow in a week!
-katie