Heading for the Cats this weekend.....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zer0-G

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am heading out into the Catskills this weekend.
Planning a weekend backpack.
I haven't decided where yet but I'm going.

Is anyone else planning on hitting the Cats this weekend?

Zer0-G

I am heading out to hike to the Mount Tremper firetower with my Pops this Saturday... We are hiking the Catkills firetowers together this year...

And Sunday I am planning on heading back to maybe do Peekamoose/Table area, although I am not sure, I have no firm plans and it will depend on what I want to hike on Sunday... Up in the air about staying over night somewhere instead of heading home Sat night to return Sunday morning...

Does anyone know if the Devil's Tombstone campsite is still open? I had a thought about staying there and doing a loop on Hunter...

Kevin

Kevin said:
Does anyone know if the Devil's Tombstone campsite is still open? I had a thought about staying there and doing a loop on Hunter...

Kevin

I was thinking about doing Rusk, Hunter and SW hunter and ....I'll check the map...

Let me know if your plans firm up or change,
Zer0-G

Kevin said:
According to the DEC Devil's Tomb webpage it is only open through Labor Day. The minor associated upside of that is that the parking fee at Devil's Lake trailhead is not collected after Labor day.

I am working Saturday. Have good hikes.

That is what I thought, I did'nt see anything when I quickly looked though...

:( Rats...

Zer0-G said:
I was thinking about doing Rusk, Hunter and SW hunter and ....I'll check the map...
We're going to New Hampshire this weekend for Flags. Have a good time! One of these days, we'll have to get together!

Tom Rankin said:
We're going to New Hampshire this weekend for Flags. Have a good time! One of these days, we'll have to get together!

Tell me more...Overnight backpacking ?
I could be swayed.....

G - this weekend is the "Flags on the 48" event which is a 9/11 Memorial. I'll be hiking Jackson with my family and a couple other groups. I know Tom is hiking Tom (no error there). Alot of us participating in the event are staying friday and saturday at the Broken Branch KOA in Woodstock, NH.

It'll be a good weekend to be in NH, if you are so inclined.

Chip said:
G - this weekend is the "Flags on the 48" event
Yeah, what Chip said! :D

Friday, meet at the KOA and socialize.

Saturday hike the peak(s), and back to KOA for more socializing.

Sunday, not sure what we're doing yet, but we might do a hike if time/energy/weather/etc. permit. Probably a fairly short one.

Chip said:
G - this weekend is the "Flags on the 48" event which is a 9/11 Memorial. I'll be hiking Jackson with my family and a couple other groups.

Sounds like a good weekend for a good cause.

After checking on the homefront I will not have a car Friday evening - So, off to the Cats.

I also want to do an overnight so there ya go.

I hope to do some walking with you guys sooner than later..

Zer0-G :D

I will be near by....leading a views and brews hike to Gertrude's Nose in the Gunks on Saturday and then volunteering on Overlook on Sunday so I'll be in the Cats, but none of the "required" peaks. You could try posting on the 3500 club yahoo group if you want some company.