Hiker survives two nights solo in woods and Trap Dike rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last post by Black Spruce is germane to the thread. At the heart of the discussion was a concern that an event to put a person on each of the winter peaks might lead the less strong and able to feel pressure
Related is the patch awarded for any lists or winter 46. An elaboration on this can be started elsewhere.

Rik, if it has not been deleted read again the post made by the Sewards climber before he headed out!

I reread all of his posts and still don't see a connection between the forum gathering, which occured a week before the "Sewards climber's" hike, and this incident by a hiker that has done most of his previous hiking solo?

The only pressure on this hiker was placed there by himself and his reasons for climbing mountains.

Pointing a finger at a gathering of hikers makes me question ones motives.
If the implication is that the information found on a hiking forum lead an individual to go solo in the Sewards, and that the hiking forum has some control or responsibility over that individual's choices, then I am baffled why one would post this opinion on another hiking forum? Lot's of people gather information from these hiking forums. As you know some don't even bother to register but still scour them for info. Others jump at the chance to be the first to post a scoop such as the condition of the Coreys Road/Gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.