hiking in NY - viewsandbrews

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikethe115

Reaction score
Lock Haven, PA; Avatar: the twins on Twin with onl
Last edited:
hikethe115 said:
It seems someone thought combining hiking with good beer was a good idea. The Albany Times Union had this article today:

http://www.timesunion.com/life/food/foodanddrink.asp#ontap

Okay, so this isn't really an event, but I couldn't resist posting it. I do want to schedule some viewsandbrews trips though.

Hey, sounds like a good idea to me! :D

Where shall we go? The Brooklyn Bridge? Long Island? Albany area? Syracuse? Buffalo? There are brewpubs all over NY, so let's get viewing and brewing!!!

hikethe115 said:
It seems someone thought combining hiking with good beer was a good idea. The Albany Times Union had this article today:

http://www.timesunion.com/life/food/foodanddrink.asp#ontap

Okay, so this isn't really an event, but I couldn't resist posting it. I do want to schedule some viewsandbrews trips though.

Nice-where do I sign up to be a drink leader, I mean a hike leader?
So far I've only done one off this list, and it's not really fair since the Wallkill Rail Trail is my way to the Gilded Otter from my house. I have to remember to grab a beer after my next trip to Gertrude's Nose, then I'll count that one. I'd like to check out that Stissing Mt./Hyde Park combo soon too.
I was impressed w/ the beer the one time I made it to Hyde Park Brewing Co.

Matt

I've been combining views and brews for a several years now, why not get a patch out of it. I see I've done a few of them already, I'll have to keep plugging away at it.

What excits me most is that LOTS OF TRAINING will be needed to "stay in shape" for this one.

Say the word, and I'll work out some details........

There are some great places to hike around here, and plenty of places to........... well, partake in the other half of the equation ;)

WNY Gathering! I'll pay to see that. Since I am on the road for over 30,000 miles or $3,000 per year just in gas to put my foot on a few summits it would be an honor to see some of you come this way! I'll even open my place and welcome everyone. Steaks and beer are on me!

Last edited: