Hiking up Mt. Madison on NHPTV

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmac

Reaction score
http://www.nhptv.org/schedule/summa...progTimeAir=8/20/2009 7:00:00 PM&chnl=explore

WINDOWS TO THE WILD
hiking up mt. madison
Airing 8/20/2009 @ 7:00 PM

Take a hike along the Airline Trail with Windows to the Wild host Willem Lange. Willem winds his way up Mt. Madison and enjoys an evening at the famous Madison Spring Hut. Enjoy the sights and sounds of this rustic hut situated in a field of tall grass and alpine flowers.

Broadcast times for this episode:
Thu, Aug 20 @ 7:00 P.M.
Fri, Aug 21 @ 5:00 A.M.
Thu, Sep 10 @ 7:00 P.M.
Fri, Sep 11 @ 5:00 A.M.

Broadcast times for "WINDOWS TO THE WILD": (show all)
Thu, Aug 20 7:00 P.M. hiking up mt. madison
Fri, Aug 21 1:00 A.M. discovering the cohos trail
Fri, Aug 21 5:00 A.M. hiking up mt. madison
Fri, Aug 21 7:00 P.M. discovering the cohos trail
Sat, Aug 22 5:00 A.M. discovering the cohos trail
Sat, Aug 22 7:00 P.M. seals off our shores
Sun, Aug 23 5:00 A.M. seals off our shores
Sun, Aug 23 12:30 P.M. hiking up to mizpah
Sun, Aug 23 7:00 P.M. handicapped at the highland
Mon, Aug 24 5:00 A.M. handicapped at the highland

WENH-TV Ch. 11 Durham
WLED-TV Ch. 48 Littleton
WEKW-TV Ch. 49 Keene
W50DP-D Ch. 50 Hanover
W18BO Ch. 18 Pittsburg*
* - analog translator

Enjoy the sights and sounds of this rustic hut situated in a field of tall grass and alpine flowers.
ha! dunno what they're talking about w/r/t tall grass. Alpine flowers, well there is Minuartia groenlandica (mtn sandwort) nearby the hut. must be Diapensia somewhere around but what I remember is a little brook w/ lowland plants like buttercups etc. which wouldn't be able to compete there except for the disturbance of the hut + traffic.

still, 'tis neat to have the hut in the spotlight on public TV. did anyone watch this? (I don't have a TV)

Odd, I turned on Channel 11 at 7:01 and what was on was most assuredly not Windows to the Wild. :(

But these are actually old episodes. The one on Discovering the Coho's Trail was simply superb! It was because of that episode I got McRat interested in giving some of the northern sections a backpacking trip some day.

Brian

Yeah...NHPTV is actually sending out two different channels, but only one is available on cable. NHPTV Explore is carrying all the shows I want to watch, but is only available via antenna. I hope this is remedied...

still, 'tis neat to have the hut in the spotlight on public TV. did anyone watch this? (I don't have a TV)

I saw it a few months ago (or was it last winter?) and it wasn't bad. About the same as all of the Windows To The Wild episodes - mostly a video picture show with some huffing and puffing commentary by Willem. I think my wife finds them a little dry, so I TiVo them and watch them early on Sunday morning when no one else is up. Makes for a nice way to start the day.

I met Willem Lange last month at a reading at the Robert Frost Museum in Franconia. He's a class act all the way. What a great guy.

bob