Hitchcock Flume

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el-bagr

Reaction score
Who here has found Hitchcock Flume, just off the top of the Mt Willard trail? A most enigmatic crevice. As few web mentions as it gets, I'd wager it gets even fewer visitors.

Easiest to find in Winter after it has been climbed from the bottom and they have continued up through the woods intercepting the trail. Or you could always climb it from the bottom yourself:) Actually I'm surprised you have not already skied it :cool: definitely a very kool spot....figuratively and literally in Winter.

el-bagr said:
Who here has found Hitchcock Flume, just off the top of the Mt Willard trail?
Been there a couple times, from the top only :)

Even took a visitor from Australia there

I'd no longer rate it as "easy to find" -- quite a few blowdowns on the old trail, and a few sections where you start wondering what's up. And yet, at the top, the gravel beginning of the spur almost looks more legit than the real path to the ledges.

Pretty cool looking across at Silver Cascade -- you can see how they share a geological history. Speaking of which, skiers -- in the Meatheads' film this year, two of them skied Silver Cascade.