How Do I Sharpen my Microspikes?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, two hikes since I sharpened them. Moriah via the long way (13.9 miles), and up to HoJos via Tuck for Avy school -- totally worth my 15 minutes since they worked quite well on both hikes.

@Tim: Sorry to hear that. At $60-a-pop that hurts. :(

I have no experience with Kako brand microspikes but did want to point out that REI sells them at $20 per pair vs $60 for Kahtoola. I have seen chinese knockoffs of Kahtoolas in the past and reportedly the rand didnt last long but given REI's warranty, it might be worth trying them out.

http://www.rei.com/gear/feature/sea...30965&ef_id=UMjX2AAAF3Psxi@Q:20121217122450:s

Looks like apples and oranges. The Kako ICEtrekkers Chains Traction System competes with the $20 Yaktrax, not Microspikes.

If the rand breaks at an unfortunate time (vs inconvenient), I would be 99.9% of us would wish we had spent the extra $40. I am not sure how I nicked them, but while putting them on in the parking lot, one snapped. I had my snowshoes so I wore those instead.

Tim