How many NE100's betwn Cabot&Waumbek?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaner

Reaction score
There are 4 3000footers on the Kilkenny ridge trail between Cabot and Waumbek. Do the 2 above 3800 qualify as part of the 100 highest in NE and does the Bulge also qualify? Thanks in advance. Sorry I'm such a dummy.

Let's see,

South Weeks - NE 3K
Middle Weeks - NE 100
North Weeks - NE 100
Terrace - NE 3K
Horn - NE 100
Bulge - I've seen different opinions whether it's a formal 100er. It wasn't in 1990 when I finished them. Seems way too easy to be!

Then there's Pliny, SE of Waumbek, that's an NE 3K.
Also Unknown Pond Peak, another NE 3K.
Then the Pilot/Hutchins range W of the Bulge...

Yes Yes

The Bulge is indeed on my 100 Highest Check list issued last year. :)

ummm... the Weeks are nice and 'woodsy' and what not but when I did them last spring I couldn't really tell which was which... just a succession of bumps on the trail. Nice wildlife viewing potentional though.

spider solo said:
ummm... the Weeks are nice and 'woodsy' and what not but when I did them last spring I couldn't really tell which was which... just a succession of bumps on the trail. Nice wildlife viewing potentional though.

I saw the rear end of a moose running away from Papabear and I as fast as it could go when we thruhiked the Kilkenny Ridge trail together last summer. I guess it was scared of us "city folks" :D, probably thought to itself - "there goes the neighborhood!"

All kidding aside, this is quite a nice trail which I would like to do again in the fall or winter.