hut to hut - mt biking trek

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iceNsnow

Reaction score
Howdy!

A group of friends are thinking about doing a hut to hut trip w/ mountain bikes. We were wondering if anyone had a particular trip to recommend. A trip out West, w/ support (meals, sleeping stuff etc.) would be ideal, but anything along these lines would be nifty.
Anyone done something like that?

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!:D

I think there's a trail in Colorado that was for the 10th Mountain Division high altitude training. There are huts on that trail that (as I recall) are similar to the AMC huts here. I know it's a hikable trail, I _think_ it's bikable too. You might try googling 10th Mountain Division/high huts/colorado or something like that, or go to Escape Adventures website. Escape Adventures used to lead a trip there - they probably still do.

bob

Western Spirit

Howdy!

A group of friends are thinking about doing a hut to hut trip w/ mountain bikes. We were wondering if anyone had a particular trip to recommend. A trip out West, w/ support (meals, sleeping stuff etc.) would be ideal, but anything along these lines would be nifty.
Anyone done something like that?

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!:D

I did a five day trip in Crested Butte with Western Spirit a couple summer ago:

http://www.westernspirit.com/tripinfo.cfm?id=1198791838390

Absolutely *fantastic* mountain biking. This trip was 4 nights of tent camping. Not huts, but it was pretty cush because they do all the cooking, setup the group meal canopy and furniture, and carry all the gear. All you do it roll out of the tent in the morning, eat, ride, repeat. If you go, you won't regret it.

Colorado trail

Thanks so much for all the great links. The Western Spirit trip sounds ideal!!

I am also curious if anyone has experience on the Colorado trail w/ mt biking.

Thanks again!
:)

I did a Western Spirit trip about 10 years+ ago, rode from Bryce to Zion and had a blast! They are great leaders and the scenery was fantastic.. It was mostly off-road, except for the park itself where obviously we rode the roads to get to Springdale for the night and did some dayhikes in the park.

Jay