I am going back to the whites!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingle

Reaction score
I am happy to announce that I was just hired for the Backcountry Field Coordinator position with the AMC. I will be managing the Backcountry Caretaker staff. A big bump up from my past caretaker role. I am really excited to get back out there. I really didnt think I would get the position.

So I will see some of you out on the trails again soon. Moving up there to start working in 2 weeks.

Casey "Dingle"

The Glacier Ntnl Park job fell through (they had a 100% staff return this season). And I decided against the forest service job in Colorado when I got this offer. So I will stick around the New England neighborhood for at least one more year, though I am keeping my fingers crossed for Glacier next year.

If you two want to grab dinner before I go, I have about 2 more weeks before I need to report. if it doesnt work out drop me a line anytime this from May through November if you want to come up to the whites to hang out. Just let me know enough in advance so I dont schedule field time.

Casey

Congrats on the job. Seeing how you are in my home town and Carmel and I are in the next town over, we should try to get together before you head up to NH. You want to get together for a beer at the tavern at Bittersweet Farm?

- darren

darren said:
Congrats on the job. Seeing how you are in my home town and Carmel and I are in the next town over, we should try to get together before you head up to NH. You want to get together for a beer at the tavern at Bittersweet Farm?

- darren
I think Darren just said he was buying!! :D :D

Casey, congrats on the appointment. Keep us posted.

Dingle,
I've read a few of your posts, but didn't make the connection until now. I met you (I'm pretty sure) one night in July or August of 2005 at the tent site by Mizpah. All I remember now is your name and that you hiked in '04. Plus, now that I've put two and two together, I recognize you from your avitar. Congrats on another upcoming season in the Whites.

Darren - I actually just recently exchanged PMs with Carm, when will you be back from Hawaii. I would love to meet up before I head up.

Early Bird - Yea, I was at Mizpah for a few weeks in the late fall. I did hike in 04. Let me know if you are up in the whites at all this summer, and maybe we will cross paths.