if you go out in the woods today . . . .

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AT was originally routed by a lake with a summer camp in Pawling NY. The lake was undeveloped except for a summer camp. During WW2 the camp was used for some sort of nuclear research (see link) and was contaminated. The AT was rerouted around the now nicknamed "Nuclear Lake" for decades, but the site was eventually cleaned up and the AT now runs by a rather nice undeveloped lake in southern NY.

https://i95rock.com/the-secrets-of-pawlings-nuclear-lake-are-hiding-in-plain-sight/

It's an okay lake, there are nicer ones around. The good part is that you can get there by train, and there is a trail around the lake. The bad part is that apart from nearby Cat Rocks, not much for views or elevation.

The site is now part of the Nature Conservancy Carter Preserve. The preserve has 1100 acres and miles of hiking trails.

Goddamn, I run there all the time. Just this morning in fact. No wonder I'm so strong - I'm getting microdosed with powerful radiation everytime I pass through this field.

Goddamn, I run there all the time. Just this morning in fact. No wonder I'm so strong - I'm getting microdosed with powerful radiation everytime I pass through this field.

i wouldn't eat the blue-berries, Seth . . .

i wouldn't eat the blue-berries, Seth . . .

They aren't out yet in force in Carter, couple more weeks. But I probably will eat them. 😭 With the trees dead and the blueberry bushes taking over, I swear there's a bear living there now. Need to work on my scat identification.

I took this at Carter last week. May be black bear, or raccoon?

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 0