I'm back for winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Reaction score
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I was here. Now that it's winter I'm putting the bikes away and starting to hike again. Are there any winter hikers/campers here looking for another person to hike with? I used to do a lot of solo hiking and camping in the winter, but I'd like to find others to hike with. All these biking groups have spoiled me and I think I'd get bored hiking alone often. I'm planning on doing a lot of overnights in the Whites on the weekends this winter. Anyone interested?

I have several overnights in mind this winter. No SPECIFIC dates planned yet....probably be very fluid and weather dependant. But some of those McRat and I have in mind are:

Tripyramids/Whiteface/Passaconaway by going over (and staying somewheres around) the sleepers.

Madison/Adams/Jefferson/Washington and possibly Monroe. This will be the dicier one and most weather dependant.

Zealand/Bonds traverse probably staying at Guyot overflow spots

Maybe Isolation

Maybe Twins/Galehead loop depending on when the group on RoT go.

Also I may do a buch of single peaks strung together in a weekend but just dropping tent somewheres in between days (for example I need Moriah and Cabot for winter so I may run and get Cabot, drive off towards Moriah and head up the trails for a little while then pitch tent for the night and then finish up the next day.)

I'll most likely throw out open calls when I get things all planned. I will gladly keep you in the loop if you like.

Brian

I'd be interested in joining those trips. The Tripyramids slides can be fun in the winter, especially when they're icy. :)

I would suggest you join the AMC. The Boston Chapter has hikes and/or backpacks planned for every weekend this winter. You will go out with a safe number of people, your leaders will be well trained, and the group will have proper gear should something go wrong.

Boston Chapter hiking/backpacking trip listings:
http://www.hbbostonamc.org/trips.php

Brian

I am a member of the AMC and will be doing a trip with them mid-Dec. The AMC does very few overnight trips though.