Insoles for heel pain?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another datapoint...

When I was in REI today, I checked out the Sole insoles. They appear to be made of a viscoelastic rubber which I think is a bit firmer than the viscoelastic rubber used in the Sofsole insoles that I mentioned earlier. They are molded in a shape which looks like it will give some arch support.

My guess is that they would work for me, but of course, everyone has to figure out what works for himself.

Doug

Gris said:
Oh no, I've gone cross-eyed, seems i have a bit of Doug-Paul-itis, sorry baby..." (spoken in Austin Powers voice)
If you're not careful, I will put a few more big words in my next post... :)

In insole and shoe marketing, viscoelastic rubber is often called "gel". But "gel" is only 3 letters, so the built-in search mechanism will not catalog it. So I was being nice to you by using a searchable term... :)

Doug

Marketing Term?

You mean like:

"a college 'diplomer,' which bestows upon the holder a Ph.D from Stankwell Falls University - or a 'gen-u-wine Cooper Cow-Coaxer' milking machine, which is 'guaranteed to persuade milk out of the most bashful cow.'"

(spoken in voice of Mr. Haney from Green Acres)

:D :D :D

Sole insoles

Well, my search at REI for new Spencos led me to pick up a pair of Soles (the orange ones) and I liked the feel of Doug's visco-whatever. So I molded them as directed and they've been on my feet all day and I think I'll love them. However, I got a full size bigger than my shoe size, luckily. I like roomy hiking boots and they went in almost perfectly, with about 1/8" trimmed off the outside toe area.

Thanks to everyone and to Mad Townie for starting the thread. :D