Interview with Pete

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chef Hickey

And to our amazement Pete produced a growler or two of his homebrew and then proceeded to through down this amazing dinner before our eyes (and noses!) of fresh tomatos, basil and mozzarella, I mean it was the BOMB! I dunno, things got kind of exciting and me and my group stared rapturously at this feast and the wonderful aromas permeated the lean-to.
But I knew right then that this guy was a character and possesed that joie de vive that I could relate to. :D[/QUOTE]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And we women get his superb cooking skills all to ourselves on the 46er Women Only Weekend!! Sitting next to him last night at Winter Gathering he was enticing me with what his menu will be this July...can't wait.

Just back and reading this, and it's weird. Meo is a good writer. Heck, he makes me sound better than I really am.

Uhhhhhhhh... Nobody should use a "Mr." for me. I'm just "pete".... with a small P.

Micheal: Yeah, I remember that night. That was when we had the breaded and fried chicken, cooked with itialian tomatos, peppers, purple onions and fresh basil and oregano. Sometimes eating good is good.

Barb: Yeah. The Women's Only Weekend, is going to have a rich, high calorie supper, made with fresh spices, fresh foods, and lots of cream and butter. You know that they say, "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach," but they also say, "the way to get a woman to move rocks is through her stomach."

Thanks to Meo for a good article. He seems to have turned sitting around talking for an hour or so, into something coherent. That's not easy to do.

I picked the magazine while in MEC today. I opened it up and laughed out loud when I saw the picture. As I arrived at the cashier to pay for my shoes, I said to the cashier, "See!!!!! That's me there." She looked at me kind of weirdly.

I've never met Mr. .......... I mean Pete........I mean pete Hickey. But from his posts and others' comments, he seems like a cool guy who likes to cook, walk around with an axe, and do a ton of outdoors volunteer work. The article was a nice tribute. Period.

And to Miss Spruce or Mr Spruce (I'm a city boy, I don't know how to determine the sex of a tree): Thank you for all the selfless volunteer work you do.

Last edited:
Pete_Hickey said:
Thanks to Meo for a good article. He seems to have turned sitting around talking for an hour or so, into something coherent. That's not easy to do.

I'm so glad! That's the best compliment I received for that article and it came directly from the guy who was interviewed :) . Yeah, the hardest part was not collecting the infos, preparing the interview or recording the interview itself (actually, that part was my favorite ;) ), but it was how to pick the better parts and reassemble them. It was like completing a giant puzzle: sometimes two pieces fit together, but they won't fit in the whole thing. Or sometimes the whole thing fit, but the image is not the one that appears on the box, so I have to assemble the pieces differently.

BTW Pete, as I read on another forum, you heard something on Radio-Canada about this article? Do you remember on which program (or at what time on which day?). I'd like to hear what they say on their website.

Last edited:
Meo said:
BTW Pete, as I read on another forum, you heard something on Radio-Canada about this article? Do you remember on which program (or at what time on which day?). I'd like to hear what they say on their website.
I did a quick look on their page, and didn't see anything( I was a bit overwhelmed by the site, though.) . It might be a regional show. Saturday morning, some time between 8:00 and 9:30. Danièle Grenier (I think it's her) has a segment, "chronique plein air" with Alain d'Entremont. It was a real shock
to hear them talking about it. Alain was going through several things from that issue of Espaces.