Intuition Liners (for Koflach)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

^MtnMike^

Reaction score
I have a pair of Koflach Degres and I'd like to get an Intuition liner (or similar custom molded liner) for them. Can anyone recomend a place in Southern Maine or Eastern NH that offers this service?

Thank you very much,
^MtnMike^

i bought my intuition liners for a guy out of toronto canada for $120cdn/$100us! you're not going to find a better deal then that. he's not stocking the denali lineres this year but he might special order them for you, he deals in backcountry snowboards, boots, etc. he's at http://www.yyzcanuck.com. all you have to do is measure your feet up he'll get the right liners. my degree's where size 10.5US and size 10 liners fit better then the stock liners, and this was before i cooked them up.

Cheap heat moldable liners

I bought three pair of Intuition heat moldable liners for my Scarpa Inverno's last year for cheap from a snowboard company who didn't realize what they had until they sold 50 ka-gillion pairs!!!!

I couldn't believe it was true at first 'cause i'd been looking at Intuition liners for some time at $165 USD. Well, it is the real deal and i bought 2 more pairs and had my climbing pardner grab some as well. They are soooo warm and light!!!! Much, much warmer than the stock Inverno liners - no comparison.

The site has changed and the price has jumped to $30 per pair, BUT still a great deal. I think the site is;

http://www.sidewayspeople.com/site/default.asp

Do a search for liners and Morrow snowboard liners should be there. I don;t what sizes they have available, but they were $30.00 the last time i looked there....

What size do you wear? I have a brand new size 10 i won't be able to use i'd sell...

BTW, they are easy to 'cook' in your oven at home. There is a mpg on www.telemarktips.com you can download to give you some guidance. Don't use the folded paper toe spacers they illustrate...they hurt like crazy. I use some old closed-cell foam.

If you have questions, direct e-mail me...

Have Fun.

Mm

missionsman,

thanks for the link...bought a pair of the morrow/intuition's for $30. :D

Thanks for the info missionsman.

I'm a size 12, so the 10's would be a bit small. Thanks anyway though :)

^MtnMike^

Amputated Toes!

No Problem MtnMike!

When you have your toes amputated, the 10's will fit just fine!! :D

They're easy enough to bake, there's a mpg on telemarktips dot com that shows it, step by step. Though i appreciate the apprehension - i'm kinda like that in the kitchen myself - VIVA LA MICROWAVE!!!!

Mm

DIY molding

I thermo fitted (that's a verb now) my Garmont Excursion G-Fit liners last winter. It was very easy and went just fine.

I plan to do the same with my new Intuition Denali liners (for my Koflachs) when they arrive.

Denali liners in my Degres

The very cheap source for (some) Intution liners is one I've seen often on backcountry ski boards, but the size availability has been extremely limited. These aren't the best one for mountaineering-type activites anyway.

Yesterday, my new Denali liners arrived direct from Intuition. All I can tell you so far is that they are extremely light in weight. I'll be putting them into my Koflach Degres tomorrow, and if they are a good fit I'll be baking them over the holiday.

If anyone is interested in the details and a follow-up review from the field, I'll be happy to report back here.

Intuition Liners

Will those intuition liners fit in a pair of Garmont Veloce.
I can't seem to find any place that has G-Fit liners in stock or available for my foot size (9). And the intuitions are a steal.

Yes

Yes, I do have them. So far, I only really know that they fit both me and the shells. I have to send a check to Intuition tomorrow. They just sent them out to me for sizing, without payment.

These liners are substantially lighter than the old stock Koflach liners (I will weigh them if you like). They don't appear to go much higher than the stock, but I can measure that too.

In the next week or so I will bake and mold them. On the Solstice I will spend the day in them, so I can give a proper field report then, if this would be of interest.

MPEG or mpg is a movie file like JPEG or jpg is a picture file.

MPEGS are usually quite large files and I know TT has lots of them for instructional purposes.

for a movie of the same length, a smaller MPEG file generally has lower quality.

being on dial-up lately, it's hard for me to view those files online...

spencer

of course, it could also refer to "minutes per Guinness" as in how long it takes to drink one...

spencer

Molding liners

Tonight, I fired up the oven and thermo molded my Intuition liners inside my Koflach Degres. My temp/time settings were similar to what Kevin suggested (thanks). They fit well. When I molded my ski boot liners, I refit them after the first day out, and that worked fine.

The tele tips video is apparently unavailable, and I can't find the copy I downloaded. There is nothing too revealing in there, but they do provide good advice on what to wear on your feet while molding to provide a little room for the toes to wiggle.

By my kitchen scale, each Intuition liner weighs 4 oz, compared with 12 oz for each stock Degre liner. I was surprised to find that my Koflachs now weigh less than my single leather 3-season step-in crampon compatible boots. Nice.

I'll have them out in the field later this week, with any luck.

I too own the morrow liners and I just weighed them (vs. the stock liners for my degres) and they are .7 lbs lighter. Total boot weight is now under 5 lbs. This is good!