Is Moonhaw Rd. open?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROCKYSUMMIT

Reaction score
I'm looking to do Friday and Balsam Cap but saw road closed signs on Moonhaw Rd. Does anyone know if you can get to the parking area or not? Any info appreciated. thanx,Tony.

I would go for it. The last time I was there I parked next to the road closed sign which is at the end of Moonhaw and climbed Balsam Cap and Friday.That was quite awhile ago,so my guess is that it is ok now.There is also a area by the Friedel property that is designated for hikers.
Have fun
p.s leave a note on your car as to where you are headed. Ever since someone died on Friday Mtn. some of the locals request this. There was quite a search for that person a few years back.

Hey Matt and Ralph, thanks a lot for the info. Ralph, I was actually scouting the area for the Friedel property, never hiking from there before. I wasn't sure if I traveled in far enough or not when i came to the road closed sign. I remember reading the stories about the lost hiker on this site, so I'll be sure to leave a note to my trip plans. Again, thanx. Tony