Is this a good sleeping bag?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to get a free sleeping bag thru my job. All I know about the sleeping bag is this:

"Water-resistant nylon cover with two layers of 150-gram hollow poly fiber fill. Tall size, 30"x90". Includes carry bag."

Does anyone know what temperature this would keep me warm down to?

:eek: 90" ? That's Big Foot long ! You could get lost in there !

Any indications of loft or fill weight ? Even total bag weight would help.
I'll sometimes bring an extra rectangular bag when car or cabin camping to throw under or over us. This might be good for that.

Chip said:
:eek: 90" ? That's Big Foot long ! You could get lost in there !

Any indications of loft or fill weight ? Even total bag weight would help.
I'll sometimes bring an extra rectangular bag when car or cabin camping to throw under or over us. This might be good for that.
Yeah, that did look big! But like I said, that's all they give you to go on. Judging from the other 'prizes' I can receive, I'm betting it's not super valuable... :D

Actually, if it is 90" long, for somebody like me, I could fold it over twice to be warmer!

I got a battery operated Coleman lantern once from my company, it used 5 or 6 (I don't remember) D cell batteries for power to two small flourescent strips... It was as heavy as an anchor.

Jay

Well, it just showed up and it's nowhere near 90". I fit into it, but that's about it!

As to how warm it is, we'll see! :D