Jackson & Clinton (Pierce) 1.26.08

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was funny. It made me reread Big Earl's report. So do we take that as two accounts of Grey Jays not eating chocolate? And I'd have thought you'd have taken heed of his advice to have used crampons instead of falling on the slabs yourself. I'm glad you didn't get hurt either. :D :p ;)

'Twas I who enjoyed the fresh powder. Was that you in a Suburu wagon who parked just as I hit the trail? The powder was as light as it gets, about 1" at the bottom to 6" at the summit. It was perfect conditions to have a little powder over the pack to keep things so quiet.

I was tucked in behind trees on the south side of the summit hanging out with three gray jays when I heard you (probably) arrive at the summit.

As much as I love the gray jays, it never crossed my mind to offer them my chocolate. It's just too precious ;)

Nice pics!

happy trails :)

EB, I took a fair amount of artistic license for the sake of brevity (and an attempt at humor :D ). I kept my snowshoes on the entire time, and there was only a short stretch around the Jackson summit when I briefly questioned that decision. Besides, I try not to fall when I'm solo--a person could break a rib that way! :eek:

FG, that wasn't me coming into the parking lot; I haven't owned a Subaru since 1980. I hit the trail around 8:45. Thanks for breaking trail! It would have been hard NOT to hear me with my MSRs on the ice and rock at Jackson. I did notice that your tracks "disappeared," but I thought they'd just been covered over by another set of tracks I followed toward Mizpah. Did you hear me muttering to myself as I roamed around the Jackson summit trying to find the northbound trail? :eek: The first people I met were coming southbound down Pierce just after (for me) Mizpah Hut. Quite a few people making the loop up Crawford and down Mizpah cutoff that day.

Didn't feed the jays.