Just introducing myself

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half Knot

Reaction score
Thanks to the generous sponsorship of Driver8, I'm now online with you fine folk here at VFTT. Did my share of hiking as an Eagle Scout in the days of heavy gear and poor athleticism. Last year my interest rekindled after hikes at Moss Glen Falls and the Sterling Pond Trail in VT. Tons of blue blazes to explore here in my native CT, as well as a 13 year old daughter who now has a short term goal to section hike the CT segment of the AT (along with maybe extending a bit into Western MA). Plus planning a Camel's Hump hike in August as well.

Look forward to getting to know you all here. If there's anything you want to know about me, just ask. I'm a pretty open book!

I'm posting here just to show that not everyone has a variant of "Peak Bagger" for a user name.

Welcome, Half Knot! I was just out in the corridor of the Connecticut-AT-section-extended today, hiking up the Race Brook Falls Trail via the Falls Option, taking in 5 of the 6 main waterfalls and scrambling through some tricky, icy terrain along the way. Did the whole trail, taking pics at the A.T. intersection on Race's northwest shoulder and all along the hike. Was a very pretty day - didn't have time to hit the summit, as I got a late start. Was nice to get out and play in the snow - you and your daughter will love that part of the trail, I'm sure.

Southwestern Mass is a nice little sheltered island in among the upper hudson valley. Lots of little jewels there for kids and adults alike. sage's ravine, bash bish falls, Everett/Race, S Brace, Alander, etc.

Welcome!

jay

"I'm posting here just to show that not everyone has a variant of "Peak Bagger" for a user name."

And some people who have 'Sky' in their name are skiers. ;)