Katahdin

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robs

Reaction score
My friends and I are planning Katahdin for Sunday. Does anyone know if it's open for sure? Any advice for a first timer? Thanks for the help!

Thanks

Thanks for the help. It was an amazing hike! I caught Baxter and Hamlin peaks, so 3 down, 97 of the 100 highest to go...:D

I spent Columbus Day weekend in the park with a Boston chapter AMC group. Did Baxter one day, and then we hiked the Travelers loop on the second. I was told that while some of the trails already existed, the loop itself was relatively new. For a hike that doesn't go above 3,000 feet, it's challenging, extraordinarily beautiful, and very fulfilling. If folks are up and looking for something to hike, I can't recommend it highly enough.

I spent Columbus Day weekend in the park with a Boston chapter AMC group. Did Baxter one day, and then we hiked the Travelers loop on the second. I was told that while some of the trails already existed, the loop itself was relatively new. For a hike that doesn't go above 3,000 feet, it's challenging, extraordinarily beautiful, and very fulfilling. If folks are up and looking for something to hike, I can't recommend it highly enough.
Actually all 3 of the Traveler peaks in the loop are above 3000', with the Traveler itself the highest at 3541'.

But nit-picking aside, it is indeed a wonderful hike.