Lake Champlain Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daxs

Reaction score
Has any here done a multi day paddle on Lake Champlain? is it better on the NY side or VT side? Any suggestions or recommendations? I have the guide but I am looking for some advice from someone with recent personal experience. Thanks

No personal experience but Warren (remember him?) and I talked about lake champlain a lot on our Hudson river paddles. The very very northern part of LC looked very interesting, as there are not a lot of launch sites but campsites and supposedly very interesting paddling. When I was at the gathering this year, I was thinking of checking out Valcour island on the NY side, could see it from Poke O Moonshine, but didn't paddle much while there other than Lincoln Pond on Friday.

Jay

Possibly but that is not looking good because I can't make labor day, Snickers can't make the following weekend, I do know I have a family weekend sometime then... Which leaves the last weekend of sept or oct (not Magic, obviously)....

You just have to stop working on the weekends I have trips...

Hey, I'm on the hudson this weekend.. :)

Jay