Lets Save This Tower Too!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see the towers all come down and trails closed and opened on rotational basis.
While they are closed they can be rebuilt and whiped into shapes.

I will take lots of money to do this but I have a solution that I am mailing to the governor.

I'm with Phil Brown and Dick Beamish, that the access to the Adirondacks is way too easy. I'm real glad I heard about this site to keep me in touch with home!

Mr Brown and Mr Beamish are the force behind more motorless lakes and that would be great! Because that is jsut the right start we need to limit access to the Park. There are no need for all the people that come in the Park. and living here in Philly the last 6 months everyone says Oh the Adirondacks, oh the adirondacks we have to go back.

yeah I say and wreck it!

There are way WAY to many people on the lakes kayaking and canoeing now, it ruins the forever wild experience. WE need to support the Adirondack Explorer with buying subscriptions and also sending money in to them to fight for closing lakes off to public travel.

I think with a Park Pass ( my creation, don't steal it Phil Brown!lol), you would have certain dates that you were allowed to be in certain areas, that way you'd almost never run into other people or have to deal with a over crowded leanto.

On Tupper Lake we had 35 boyscouts from maryland show up and set up with us, they didn't have permits, they camped in one group and had 17 canoes. They basically were using the campsites the boat ramps, the parking lots that boaters paid for for free, and screwing us to boot! they should have to buy a permit to enter the Park jsut like at Disney Land, and the hours and dates you can be there and which part of the place you can go to is on your pass. In the wrong palce that's a fine and you get expelled, more money for the PARK!

If our cell phones would have worked we would have gotten the rangers on them but as it was 4 foot waves and pouring we weren't crossing the lake to hitch a ride to a phone that night so they got away with it.

I would like to see more lakes closed to easy access by boats, like all of the saranac chain lakes, Tupper, raquette river, long lake, raquette pond, follensby clear ponds, oseetah lake, kiwassa, and blue mtn lake and durant would be awesome flat water if there weren't any boats out there.

But the boat registrations, trailer registrations and state inspections, hutning and fishing licenses too and gas tax pays for the ramps, and DEC / APA people to be there, so we need to start a registration of canoes and kayaks.

There are so many canoes and kayaks on the waters that even if we paid only $25 a year for a kayaking or canoe use sticker in the Park we would raise a lot of money.

a lot!

look at the canoe races alone! we were just one of over 300 canoes in one race, that's $7500 just for registering those canoes alone, and the campsites all have at least one canoe and kayak on the beaches. And the races should be charged a fee for the park too. everyone pays their share we don't need boat money and license money.

I can't believe Pataki over looks this income potential!! that's why I mail him the plan and numbers that NY tourism in Placid says are coming with canoes and kayaks.

And look at the canoe places!

there's one in Rollings Pond right at the ramp, one across from campground, Mac's on Rt 30, St Regis Canoe center has TWO locations, there's at least three in tupper lake. a few on mirror and one on placid too.

The Adirondack Explorer has my full support with ending motorboat use and charging all these out of staters and outer-Park tourists for canoe, kayak and hiking. even if it was $2 per every day you are in teh Park it would be a few million dollars in summer time alone.

the rental places should all be paying $20 at least per canoe for registration, each year, after all they have to register their boats and trailers, and pay inspection on the trailers on top of it.

this would be cheaper for them to not have boats and trailers, just a canoe and a kayak is all you need anyway.

This is all money that should be collected and used to maintain the beat down trials and campsites.

I think the fire towers make more people climb the beat down trails, I was on azure this summer and it was horrible, plus a bunch of indians were climbing the tower and that is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I think the towers are in direct opposition to the forever wild and more motorless lakes idea and they should come down immediately, if hikers were charged to climb the trails we would ahve the money to seed the bare spots and fill the rutted trails in.

Also, the condition of the trails and lean tos is really bad in places and I think a trail pass per day or by season would help fund the great amount of money needed to keep trails and leantos in top shape.
$5 a day per hiker or a season pass for $100 per person would raise lots of money.

We should try to do it voluntarily I think to set the right example.
great site!!!