Long Trail Trip Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Pedxing!!

Just read through your journal, sounds like it was a fun time on the LT! It is an amazing accomplishment after all that you've been through. Way to go!

I met Rodeo back in VA, he was a funny guy, always full of energy.........talk, talk, talk and what I remember most about him was when he would pull into camp, he'd just fall to the ground and lay there and wiggle his way out of his pack, it was hilarious! He'd be covered in leaves and dirt and wouldn't care one bit!!

Some funny people out there, but they are what makes the trip so memorable, glad you had a fun trip. :)

I just read your whole journal - that was quite an adventure! Congratulations on overcoming the many obstacles you encountered and completing your journey with success and style!
:)

Thanks for the kind words, I'm amazed that a few of you did read the whole thing right away. VFTT advice and input on the Long Trail from Sli and others really helped me prepare.

I really felt lucky to be out on the trail. If they can cut down on the road walks for the Cohos, I'd like to try that next. Or maybe, the LT again if I can manage to have time to take zeros when I feel like it - just because I'm in a beautiful spot. 30 days would be perfect!

I haven't finished reading it yet, but wanted to say congrats! Nice going! Hope to hike with you again sometime soon.

It seems like only a short time ago that we were all so worried about you. Now, you've done something only a small number have done. It's quite an accomplishment.
You're a good writer. I really enjoyed the report.
It was definitely worth the time it took to read the whole report, if only for this great line, "Seeker confessed a deep, if unbearably light, love affair with Milan Kundera."
Thanks for the positive, upbeat read and congratulations on your difficult but successful recovery.

Thanks again for kind comments.

jcm: I really do feel blessed to have moved from a 50/50 chance of survival to spending three weeks on the trail in just 18 months. I'm hoping I haven't used up all my good luck.

Artex: You'll note I mentioned zipping out without mailing the dining coupon out to a friend. Sorry!

pedxing said:
Thanks again for kind comments.

jcm: I really do feel blessed to have moved from a 50/50 chance of survival to spending three weeks on the trail in just 18 months. I'm hoping I haven't used up all my good luck.

Artex: You'll note I mentioned zipping out without mailing the dining coupon out to a friend. Sorry!

LOL! Don't sweat it, my friend. :)

pedxing,
I just read through your whole trip report this morning...after hiking Mt. Mansfield this weekend, I have a new interest/appreciation for Vermont hiking...it's just great! Your writing was inspiring and honest...thanks for sharing all of the personal stories/details that make trip reports such a joy to read. And congratulations on completing such a difficult and rewarding journey!
-katie

Thanks for reading and responding Bunchberry - I'll be back in Vermont more often myself after this trip.

RGF: I didn't bring anything to read this trip, with the exception of two Long Trail Guides (The GMC long trail guide and the End to Ender's Guide)..

Wow, I just read your entire trip report and it was excellent!!

You are one tough, positive, cool guy!!

later,
Doug