Lylah's First Summit - Black Cap Mountain 05-25-12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksearl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted due to, well, not hiking much lately. We finally got up to the mountains at the end of May (I know, I know, it's now the end of June) and wanted to post a trip report, even if it may be a little late. It was my daughter's first summit, although she road the whole way up in a pack on my back! Below are a few of my favorite pictures and here's a link to my blog for a full detailed report and pics if you're interested: http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.com/2012/06/lylahs-first-summit-black-cap-mountain.html

Lylah+560.jpg

My daughter on my back. This pack is not comfortable at all and I have a tough time with it. I'll have to come up with something else for the next hike...can't wait until she can hike on her own two feet! Notice Elmo, she decided she didn't like him riding with her so she ditched him soon after starting up the trail.

Lylah+570.jpg

Butterflies were everywhere, as I believe they are all over the mountains this time of year

Lylah+571.jpg

Here's a painted trillium which has just about passed. I was really bummed I missed the wildflower season this year.

Lylah+575.jpg

What I believe is a common blue violet...although it may be a different variety.

Lylah+587.jpg

Does anyone know what these steps went to? Possibly and old fire tower???

Lylah+584.jpg

Our summit "foot" shot...notice the tiny foot!

Lylah+591.jpg

Moat Range

Lylah+592.jpg

Chocorua

Lylah+597.jpg

Elmo, propped up on the trail. A nice family sat him on a rock so that we could find him on our way back.

Karl

What incredible pics. The hiking boot photo should be publish along with the first pic.
What a keeper that is.

Thanks everyone, for the kind words! We definitely got a few great "family/first hike" shots on this trek. Thanks for taking the time to look at them and comment!

Karl