Missing?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddy

Reaction score
Does anyone know where "Nonlegit" is???
Don't recall hearing from him for a very long time.

Loong vacation. I lost my hiking partner to college, and thus have lost some of the extra excitement that came with having a good friend to hike and enjoy apres-hike times with. If you knew Carter and I, or saw us at the winter gathering, then you might have noticed that we like to hike fast (and try to stay in hiking shape), adventure (live in a Keene valley cabin for a week), and basically have a good time. Its just kind of sad having a friend leave. No more road trips on a whim in the middle of the night. Also, Carters cabin in Keene Valley was sold with his parents divorce. There is a little more than all this below the surface, but suffice to say we had to become a little more responsible, and clean up our acts at home. Starting this past winter, we both started maturing a little and pulling our own respective weights. I have not left hiking at all. In fact, i just hiked Longs peak in Colorado (well, didnt make it all the way, but got real high up). All in all, a lot has changed, so I have just been keeping a lower profile. Also, got into working construction real heavy. Then school. You know the drill.... :eek: With age and privilege comes responsibility... :(

Thats awesome that you noticed that i was gone :rolleyes: And ill see if i can scrounge up a trip report for Longs Peak once i get some pictures together. Ill see if i can link one of my camera phone pictures. And hopefully soon Carter and I can get together and come out and hike with you guys.

Last edited:
A) Some more for your ego... I was asking about you at the Gathering... Guess you're a missed soul!

B) What’s with this maturity thing... growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional...

C) Like you can't find anyone to hike with here... I bet MtnGoat would give you a run for your money ;)

Ego is getting pumped! Haha, well, that makes two of you! No, I really more or less miss Carter. And while we havent become stale and boring, we have left the whole irresponsibility thing behind.

Without our adventures...I dont have much to say on VFTT.

Although I have plans now to hopefully in a couple of years bus/hike the silk road for a summer. How is THAT for adventure.