Moriah via Stony Brook, Sunday - 12/30/2012 - DATE CHANGE

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGEarl

Reaction score
Hike: Moriah

Date: Sunday, December 30, 2012 (on-trail ~8:00 - 8:30am)

We’re planning to hike Moriah via Stony Brook Trail.

Anybody want to join the fun?

We hike a moderate pace.

If you’re interested in joining the fun or have any questions, please respond to this thread or by PM.

:)

I am interested and have a possibility of one other strong hiker. Let me know when.

I am interested and have a possibility of one other strong hiker. Let me know when.

Great news!

We're planning on reaching the trailhead ~8:00am with an on-trail target of 8:30am, or earlier.

It will be good to get together with you again.

After tonight I will be without Internet access. If anybody is interested in joining the hike, please feel free to just show up at the Stony Brook trail head on Route 16. We'll plan on gathering there at ~8:00am or soon after and have an on-trail target of 8:30am.

I think I'll join you guys on this one. Meet you guys at the trailhead-weather permitting.

Looks like very high winds developing tomorrow so I'll check the Obs forecast in the morning and may choose a lower elevation trip. Here's hoping the speeds are revised downward.
-vegematic

Just looked at the higher summits forecast and it looks like a very COLD day above the treeline tomorrow. It looks like a day over at Pawtucketway with the dog instead. Everyone be safe and warm tomorrow. Happy New Year-Tim

I am also dropping out, the forecast as of the AM for the higher summits is 60 MPH increasing to 100 or even 140 by this afternoon and a winter weather advisory as of noon converting into a warning late on. I clled Earls cell and left a message.I am familiar with this trail and despite being sheltered to the ridge, it is very exposed soon after the junction with the AT. I did also mention that Vegematic and Hampton hiker have dropped out for similar reasons in my message. I hope to get out New Years day as the forecast for Monday appears to be similar conditions.

Unless the weather changes radically for the better, I wish anyone in the backcountry up high the best and hope they can find a sheltered place or a bail out route to ride through this stretch of weather.