Mount Mansfield--Lake Mansfield tr

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookie

Reaction score
Sunday June 1st - Mount Mansfiled - Lake Mansfield Trail to Long Trail to Rt. 108 (had to do it again to actually climb the forehead)!
Met a friend of mine (Eric) at the park and ride. We got dropped off at the Lake Mansfield TH about 8am. Did this loop last weekend and loved it (THANKS GG). Got an early start so had more time to poke around. The Taylor Lodge looks like a great place to stay! Eric and I decided we will do a nice fall hike and spend a night here. Great views up there i tell ya. We jumped on Clara Bow trail which is a fun little trail to get you from Lake Mansfield trail to the LT. Trails were pretty wet from yesterdays rains. Followed LT up to the forehead this time. Last week we had to bypass because of the dog. I did not know that Eric has a small fear of hieghts, thankfully there are ladders up the steep sections. We were at the Forehead about 11am. Headed over the ridge which was very cold and windy today. We were able to get some views into Underhill side of mountain, but the Stowe side was just clouded up. Passed only about 4 hikers from the start of our hike to the Chin. Winds were really quick on the chin which in turn made our summit visit short. Quickly got on the LT for the wet walk down. Nothing special on the way out. Passed maybee 6 or 7 people who were hiking the LT from 108 to the chin. There were 2 people doing some trail maint., so we chatted for a brief moment about trail tools (eric did trail maint. in Washington). And.... we were at our waiting car in the LT lot on 108. Called my girlfriend (she dropped us off and hiked with a friend over to Sterling pond via LT), got in the car and picked her up at a coffee shop in stowe. Headed back to B-town. Was home around 2:30 and enjoyed a couple of adult pops. Great weekend. Love Vermont more and more everytime i get out and hike.