Mount Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I'm turning 50 this year and it might be my last shot at a traverse"

Oh dear. I'm turning 52 this year and planning my first shot at a travrse the firt week of June--maybe I should bail now and cut my loses!

Actually this year I start for my 4k peakbagging. I do Lafayette and and Liberty on Friday!

Michelle,

I enjoyed your photos of Isolation with PosterBoy, Frodo and MJ. Sorry I didn't make it to the pub, but I was beat.

Arm pulled a similiar move to PB on the summit of Washington and then took it a step further - I'll leave the details to your imagination. He said he may make the picture his avatar. Stay tuned....

Glad you all had fun on Washington. You always have nice pictures Turnbill and Hikerbob. Since no one has picked on your Honda lately Turnbill, I will take a fun jab with this picture. (Even though I think the Element is cool.)

Nice photos!! I'm glad you all had such a good day. I hope I get to join in on one of these trips. Did someone mention a traverse....?

Nice to see all of you having so much fun. The closest I got to a mountain on Sunday was the Kendall Square Cinema :(

Traverse? Did I hear traverse? If I'm not out West around that time, I'd be into giving it a go. I don't mind hiking with Royalty.

Turnbill: "Team Porter"? Did I get traded?;)

Last edited:
Another great trip, and perfect weather. Thanks go to Dr. Seema for putting in the order for sunshine and light winds. And for the organization that got us all together. 2 more off my winter list (41 & 42), a successful day, even though my windpants came out the loser in a confrontation with my crampons.

So where are we going next? :cool:

Turnbill -

The details were not left to my imagination when I was ever so innocently scanning through some of Arm's Washington photo's on his digital camera....................

I had a great day hiking Washington and Monroe with everyone. Turnbill nice photos and nice site. Thanks Seema for putting it all together. Look forward to hiking with everyone soon.
Arm I hope you didn't get frostbite from that summit shot!:D

For anyone suffering from insomnia I have added my usual marathon blurb to the main page for my hike report.

I also have a movie file of Chomp butt-sliding on a steep section above the gorge. To avoid disapointment I should point out that this captures a very graceful slide and is not a disaster flick! It is also a tad over 2MB so will take a little while to load.

Bob