Mount Washington

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turnbill

Reaction score
Well, I'll let Dr. Seema or someone else actually write the trip report, but my photos are up at:

Turn-o-rama

Sorry I missed the Gathering, but it was great hiking with a bunch of you yesterday. I'm headed to the doctors to see if I have pneumonia. No, no! It really was fun!

Marvelous photos - all your albums, especially the Mahoosucs, just wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Wooo-hoooo! What a way to round out the winter. I know there are still a few more days left but for me yesterday was probably it for this season.

Sometimes everything just falls into place. A single email from Sli74 suggesting 'maybe do Washington or Monroe via tha Ammonoosuc trail?' and we have a group hike together!

We had a wonderful group, great trail conditions and almost perfect weather! A fantastic day bagging both Washington and Monroe for winter.

I have a zillion pictures to work on and, as usual, far too many words to describe the day than deserve a place here. I'll post again when my web site is updated.

Many thanks to Sli for being the spark that got the day going and to everyone who hung around while I caught up at various points along the way.

Bob

No - I'm still Little Bear. They were teasing me about the fact that someone called me a "Princess" (in a derogatory manner) on a thread over on the AMC hiker journal a couple of years ago. Although I might change my name to [SR] Princess Little Bear.

I think it's funny that someone (who didn't know me at all) would even think to call ME a Princess!! LOL!! :D

Hey Princess...er, LittleBear,

Remember, you were the one making the royal decrees about the order in which we bagged the peaks. If the shoe fits ... :D

Thanks for clearing that up, Little Bear. By the way, are you still interested in doing the Presi Traverse in June?

Mad River: Absolutely! I think this is the last year that I have any death marches left in me. Hmmm...maybe I should wear a pink tutu for that hike. :D

I know the feeling. I’m turning 50 in April and this might be my last shot at a traverse. I will be in NH from June 24th until July 12th doing major yard work for my wife’s family reunion on the 10th of July. I hope to give the traverse a shot sometime between the 25th to the 30th of June. Whichever day looks the most promising weather wise will be the day I go. I already have someone lined up who will move my car from the Appalachia parking lot to Crawford depot during the day so I do not have to play musical cars. I will keep you in the loop.

I'm sorry I highjacked the thread. PM me if you have any questions.

Finally got my pictures up - you can find them HERE

What a fantastic day!

Turnbill - great pictures as always.

Little Bear - I see your 'flying' antics on Monroe made a great avatar. I wonder if we could do something with Max and those shorts... :)

Bob

Last edited:
Thanks HikerBob, very nice photos yourself.

I think we both took a picture of the same rime ice covered cairn! Good to actually see you on a summit at the same time as everyone else.

And a big thank-you to Dr. Sli74 for organizing the hike! I'm ready for the next one!

Last edited:
Those are some great shots!

Turnbill.....great website, can't wait to sit down and check out some of your other trip photos!

I could see Washington from the Hancock area on Sunday and knew someone was having fun up there in those light winds and beautiful blue sky!

Glad ya'll had such a great day and good to see everyone at the Brew Pub