MSR snowshoe repairs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rik

Reaction score
I'm sending my snowshoes in to Cascade Designs for some much needed repair (of course in the middle of winter) and was wondering what others had experienced for turnaround time? They told me 3-4 weeks!

My experiences with repairs from Cascade Designs is limited to just a water filter, but I got it back within 2 weeks of me mailing it. Out of curiosity, what broke on your snowshoes as I also use MSRs?

lumberzac said:
My experiences with repairs from Cascade Designs is limited to just a water filter, but I got it back within 2 weeks of me mailing it. Out of curiosity, what broke on your snowshoes as I also use MSRs?

Lot's of stuff but I still love em! Actually I lost a rivet on each shoe that holds the sidebar traction to the deck. I had put a bolt and locknut through one which seems fine and if this was the only problem I would wait until after winter but I don't have a quick fix for my other problems and don't want a failure out in the field. The rubbery binding part that lays under your foot on the crampon which the straps connect to is ripping in several places. Most notably where the front most straps connect. It also ripped out of the two rivets that hold it to the foot plate. They told me that if they were less than 3 years old they would do the repairs for free but if older than that they would cost $15 per shoe. Luckily they have only been used for two winters but the northeast does seem to put a beating on them!