Mt. Martha 1-5-14, Cherry Mt. trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty E

Reaction score
Parking lot off of Rt. 115 was not plowed; my Tacoma made it in using 4 wheel drive while Priscilla's Outback with AWD and new snow tires was not able to make it all the way in; she parked off the pavement on 115 and was still there when we returned. Don't know if the ruts in the parking lot will melt some then re freeze Monday nite into Tuesday, could be a messy parking lot Too bad this lot does not get plowed (along with a few others in the area).

Trail conditions: powdery snow and some rocks showing, especially up higher towards the jct with Mt. Martha spur. We used snowshoes all the way. We were rewarded with excellent views today. On our way down around 1030 or so, snow started falling out of the trees as the sun and temps warmed things up..trail in good shape with only a few new leaners from the recent ice event protruding into the trail..wish I had brought my loppers and they would have been removed...also a couple of saw sized ones..Martha's Mile had not been broken out and I went a short distance on it...deep snow it appears!! Keith (Lefty E) and Priscilla