Mt. Waumbek via Starr King Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NH Tramper

Reaction score
Date of Hike: Jun 2, 2012

Trail Conditions: Starr King Trail was in really great shape, even though it rained most of the morning. It is obviously well drained and well maintained since you could tell by leaf damns that while it rained water ran down parts of the trail. There were no blowdowns other than a couple that happened while I was on the trail (one was a close-call widow-maker) -- the wind was whipping -- but they have been removed. Very near the summit there are two blowdowns in progress (not yet laying down but on their way).

Special Equipment Required: None.

Comments: This was an afternoon hike since I hiked Cabot in the morning. I had no rain and actually met other trampers, well, tramping. This was a fine hike, windy and fair. I got to the summit in what seemed like no time. I actually saw a little sun, though it was short-lived. Not long after I finished the hike it poured buckets unlike anything I had seen all day. Gladly I was in my truck on the way to Bartlett for the night.

Mike "Tramper" Cherim
Nottingham NH