Muck Boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndianChris

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair? Opinions, reviews? Thanks. They look like good paddling boots...just wondering how the foot support is during portages.

If they are what I think they are, they are a little stiff when paddling, your feet get cramped and cold. IMO.
Do they roll down?
I finally settled on neos, which are not nearly as nice as my friends chotas, but can be used for different combinations while boating, hiking, and camping.

I actually use my ankle high diving booties for paddling. The have a dent sole so they are confortable to walk in, keep "low level" muck out of the boots and are comfortable. Feet can get hot when the weather is fairly warm but they let me "multi task" my gear.

I have used Muck Boots, specifically the 16" Edgewater model, for years paddling, as well as for their intended purpose-- working in the barn. The sole is very good on wet rocks, and the hieght is very usefull getting in and out of the boat. On a late October trip in central British Columbia, they kept my feet warm and comfortable all day long, even when listening to early season avalanches as we paddled. At home, my feet stay warm for about an hour while doing morning chores when it is -20F out. When it warms up, it is easy to fold the uppers down to let more air in.
I think the support is similar to any pull-on boot. I wear them as my deep snow boots most of the winter-- for walks in the field and woods near home and working, but not for hikes.The sole is think enough to protect your feet on rocks, yet still comfortable in the boat.
Most of my canoe trips involve some hiking, so I tend to wear my hiking boots for longer portages.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! I was thinking of going with the Edgewater myself. Just need to find a place where I can try them on here on Long Island. I'd rather try them on than order online and find out I need the next size up or down - the downside to ordering online.
Thanks again!

I got mine from the Sportsmans Guide real cheap. They are great, but I cannot fit them in my kayak because the deck is too low.