My First 4K

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Sr

Team Member
Reaction score
Finally got off the AT in MA long enough to take a trip to the Whites.

Sat 1/3 Climbed Tecumsa in the rain.
I used my Koflaks and that was it as there was no more than 1-2 inches from the day before and that was being washed away as I hiked. Temp in mid 30's little to no wind.

I had planned to hike with someone else from this site but they decided to stay dry instead. I OTOH, was excited and would have gone in any weather so I soloed.

I could not see much other than pea soup thick fog but the fact that I did my first big hill was enough.

Question? Does this make me one of these PeakBaggers?

Hiked the Welch Dickey Loop the next day, 1/4 and had better luck with the weather and the VFTT were worth the trip for me.
Again, I took gear but bare booted it rather than use shoes or crampons for the little time they were truely needed.

Thanks to Sli, Dave M., and Mohammed for the suggestions on venues. :D:D

Last edited:
I'm curious, from your photo, are you in a touring company doing Fiddler on the Roof?

MadRiver said:
I'm curious, from your photo, are you in a touring company doing Fiddler on the Roof?

I actually played the Rabbi in my high school production in 19**
LMFAOROTF:D

I had my Seattle Sombrero from OA on.
and my Swedish Army Winter wool knickers with gaitors.

I felt as old as I looked after the hike but satisfied as hell.

Congratulations! It most certainly does make you a peakbagger. One down, forty-seven to go.

One of us ... one of us ...

:D

I love wool knickers, but my wife said she wouldn't hike with me if I wore them.

Anyway, welcome to the club.

MadRiver said:
I love wool knickers, but my wife said she wouldn't hike with me if I wore them.

Anyway, welcome to the club.

My wife won't hike with me when I wear my kilt, and she will only day hike. No night in the woods for that city slicker.

But after 23 years, I'll keep her, who else will take a kilt wearin' rabbi.