New Blog from the Rockpile

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
http://blog.nhstateparks.org/?author=5

I'm sure many already enjoy stories from MWOBS, but here is a different perspective from a state park manager who has spent much of his life on Mt. Washington. Many people don't realize how active the state crew is with keeping the road open for 'snowcat' travel all winter, as well as keeping the Sherman Adams Building going in order to host the MWOBS along with other duties.

You'll enjoy the story of a pre-rescue, plastic boots and crampons but jeans! Wonder if the footgear was also loaned out from the park?

This is great - thanks for sharing the link. Looking forward to seeing more of Mike's stories. Surprised nobody has posted this link on the MWOBS forums yet. I'll be doing that shortly...

I'm not going to try to post all the stuff MikeP does, he's been involved with MWSAR, Cannon ski patrol, just about anytime there's a problem in the Whites he's likely to show up - and he's about my age!