New England Picture Quiz

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#5 is the summit of Mt. Cube. I have a photo from the other side of that same post. The rest - including the "easy" ones - are impossible.

My favorite DOC sign is the beautifully-routered one, miles from the nearest road on the Appalachian Trail in Hanover, NH that says "No Unicycles." I will have to get a picture of it some day.

Of course YOU know where they are. They are your pictures.

Whoops! Now I reread the thread and see that someone already got Cube.

Last edited:
I'm not a Marine, but I pronounce it Triple E. :D

Brian

Easy then: It's what's left of a trail sign on the East Pond Trail, made entirely out of pressed diatomaceous earth. It originally read "Gulf of Sidra: 4110 miles". The visible decay derives from an infestation of an invasive lichen called "Worcesterot." The federal government has claimed the two square feet around the tree and will remove the sign when it needs major maintenance. It will then be auctioned on eBay, probably for an unlikely sum. It will be bought by the Town of Thornton to be made into a diarama explaining what "Gore" means.

How's that?

Easy then: It's what's left of a trail sign on the East Pond Trail, made entirely out of pressed diatomaceous earth. It originally read "Gulf of Sidra: 4110 miles". The visible decay derives from an infestation of an invasive lichen called "Worcesterot." The federal government has claimed the two square feet around the tree and will remove the sign when it needs major maintenance. It will then be auctioned on eBay, probably for an unlikely sum. It will be bought by the Town of Thornton to be made into a diarama explaining what "Gore" means.

How's that?

creative. but wrong.

Man....these really are extremely difficult.

My only guess for 8 is Boston Lot Lake, but it really doesn't look like it...the topography is different.

The moose picture....I know this one. The only reason why is because I was looking at your smug mugs the other day and I just happened to come across it.

Its in Crawford Notch.

You are correct. And it really is too bad about that section considering its history.

I beg to differ - a lot of people still hike that section, because a lot of people park in the Highland Center lot instead of the Mt Clinton Road lot, especially in the winter when the latter takes days to get plowed out after a storm.

I beg to differ - a lot of people still hike that section, because a lot of people park in the Highland Center lot instead of the Mt Clinton Road lot, especially in the winter when the latter takes days to get plowed out after a storm.

Well, I ain't taking a poll. I didn't see any tracks from that direction either time I've been up it in winter. That's small sample size I realize. Maybe it isn't "most people", maybe I shoulda said "a lot of people". I still think there's a fair number of people that haven't been up that way.

But that isn't the point of this thread. You got a guess or not? There's still 4 left.