New Flags on the 48 Forum!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlpineZone

Reaction score
You may notice the Flags on the 48 forum is no longer hosted on AlpineZone.com. This is because we've set up a dedicated Flags on the 48 Forum! Stephen (the8re) and I will be your co-administrators for this new forum and you can find it here:

http://forums.flagsonthe48.org/

Please note: Any AlpineZone Forum Member that posted in the original FOT48 forum when it was hosted there had their account transfered over. Your username and password is the same as it is on AZ. Please log in and confirm everything works okay. Any AZ member that never posted in the FOT48 forum while it was hosted there will need to register on the new FOT48 forum if you would like to participate.

This is the first step in the creation of a dedicated Flags on the 48 Web site! As we head towards the 3rd anniversary of 9/11, we felt this great memorial deserves to exist as it's own entity.

Come join us!

Stephen will be working on an automated sign-up system. I would guess sometime in the summer. Keep an eye on the forum for an announcement.

This is a great event, I wish I could participate this year - but chances are very slim.

Thanks Greg and Stephen for keeping this going. I'll look ofrward to 2005.

pedxing said:
This is a great event, I wish I could participate this year - but chances are very slim.

Thanks Greg and Stephen for keeping this going. I'll look ofrward to 2005.
You'll be there in spirit, ped. I couldn't particpate last year as my daughter was very sick at the time. There's always 2005 for you! Just concentrate on recovering.

For those of you that don't know what Flags on the 48 (also know as FOT48) is, have a look here:

http://www.flagsonthe48.org/

Last edited:
Flags

We saw the flags and the kids were asking about how they got up there.....

I went to the other site and am still trying to figure out when you do this and what peaks are left?

And we're having a big planning meeting in a couple of weeks, so in the time frame between then and July 4 we will put it all together and get information out.

Having hiked with you and the kids on Sherpa's 100th, I hope you can participate on 9/11!

We do plan to make the signups more open, ie, there will be those who sign up to hike the flag and gear up a peak, as well as those who sign up to be "support" and are agreeing just to be there without an equipment commitment. Or something like that. We'll work it all out.
:D

Last edited: