Flags on the 48 - 2008

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentCal

Reaction score
This years edition of the Flags on the 48 Memorial event will be taking place on September 13th 2008 from Noon until 2 p.m. Our hopes are to raise flags at the 48 4000 foot summits of New Hampshire's White Mountains.

Signups for this years event will start on July 14th at 6:00 p.m. Please have more than one peak in mind as signups are usually quite swift for the more popular peaks.

The event has a website which is located at: www.Flagsonthe48.org
You can find a history of the event, past years photo galleries, a discussion forum and a Q+A to learn more information about the memorial. Should you have any questions, please drop me a pm and I'll help you in any way that I can.

Thanks to all the past flagraisers and I hope you can join us for this years hike.

-Silentcal

SilentCal said:
Signups for this years event will start on July 14th at 6:00 p.m. Please have more than one peak in mind as signups are usually quite swift for the more popular peaks.
July 14th is marked on the calendar! :D

So is 9/13. Never forget...

I'm heading up Washington this year. My girlfriend is paralyzed (T12-L1) from the knees down so she will be driving. She does therapy with a group called Journey Forward (project walk) in Canton Mass. and a few others that are unable to walk will be joining her to the top. Even though they cannot "hike" they want to take part in honoring those who have given there lives. Currently I have only one other friend who has committed to hiking with me. So if anyone is interested please drop me a line. I have left the route we will take wide open waiting to see who might join up and what they are comfortable hiking.

I realize that Washington is always a gamble as far as weather goes and I know it can be crowded. Just think how it will feel to be on the top of the rock pile honoring those brave many, with a group of guys and girls who will never have the opportunity to do what we do on a weekly basis. To you and me thats a ways up with some cool stops along the way. To those that cant get to the top of some truely high peaks it will feel like the top of the world!

The Website does not reflect it now, but we do have a cancellation of the primary hikers on Mt. Isolation. We are trying to get in touch with the secondary hikers to see if they mind being responsable for the peak. If anyone would let to jump in and help out, that would be the peak right now that needs attention. Please send me a pm or e-mail if your interested.

Thanks to everyone here that has signed up to help out. We actually had all the peaks accounted for on August 1st which blows all other years out of the water. It's come a long way.....

Hey Folks,

I will be filling in for Jim since his wedding, and subsequent honeymoon, loom before the event. So now it is my duty to put out a plea for some help. Since DiamondRidge sprained her ankle this past weekend she will not be able to take Middle Carter. If anyone is willing to take over the peak please PM me. Thank you very much.

Brian