New Russia Parking Lot Plowed?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillC

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the parking lot for the New Russia tralhead for the east trail to Rocky Peak Ridge and Giant is being plowed this winter? Thanks very much.

Five seconds South of the New Russia trailhead there is Gilligan Road, maybe you can park alongside of that road if it is a day without snowfall and you make sure to "park without causing a hazard". Going peakbagging, I will drive by tomorrow, if I see a change in the status of the parking lot I will let you know tomorrow evening.

Five seconds South of the New Russia trailhead there is Gilligan Road, maybe you can park alongside of that road if it is a day without snowfall and you make sure to "park without causing a hazard". Going peakbagging, I will drive by tomorrow, if I see a change in the status of the parking lot I will let you know tomorrow evening.

Thanks, Black Spruce.

UPDATE as of February 24, 2011

Parking areas of the Bald Peak and Rocky Peak Ridge trailhead (New Russia) and of the trailhead (Route 9) for the trail to Giant via Owls Head Lookout and High Banks have just been plowed.