New twist to the 46.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mavs00 said:
I know trails are useful and necessary, but lately they just bore me (I can't explain why).
Maybe it's because following a trail precludes adventure. A person can hike for a combination of so many different reasons. The view, the simple pleasure of physical exertion, the challenge, to improve fitness, getting away from it all etc. Then there's the feeling of "adventure", the unknown and the uncertainty that you will make the route. I'll never do the great range hike (Loj to Garden over all those summits) because there's no adventure for me on that exceptionally difficult hike. OTOH I'm hoping to attempt to do Allen in 6 hours this summer as a personal fitness challenge. Why 6 hours? To equal your best time Pin-Pin. :D

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
I started my first full Moon hike in Marcy the June 20-21 1997, just one day before I recupered Pinpin, I was losing Pinpin in Seward the November 19 1996. It is Beverley and friends found my guide after this long time under the snow. I finished my last full Moon in Colvin the Febuary 8-9 2001 (46 consecutives full Moons)

Pinpin Junior.

Just amazing, Alain!

Gee, I didn't realize that you started your first full moon hike without Pinpin. Does that count? :D
I remember the night of June 20th. We were camping at South Meadow. You had told me that you would be hiking that night. We were going to meet to reunite you with Pinpin the next day. It was a dark and stormy night. I hadn't met you before and I thought to myself - that guy is nuts! Hiking Marcy in the Full Moon in a storm. :D
When we reunited you with PinPin, you promised that you would secure him to your rucksack, so that he wouldn't jump out on future hikes.
How many rounds did Pinpin do before he retired? Say hello to him for me! :D

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Hi Skyclimber2971w. :)
For the other questions, for a reason of keep the suspence, We prefer keep the answer for a other time, How many Winter rounds? the peoples will came in the mars 26 winter gattering will know this thing at this time. ;)

One more thing for me to look forward to then at the Gathering.
You sure have accomplished so much in just 9 years.
Thank You for answering, as some people are "modest" to tell their accomplishments.

First full Moon....

Hi Beverly, ;)

Yes the first full Moon night was a good test for me to know if I will have the nerves to stay with this special goal. :eek:

In this terrible night, a couple of time, the flash of lightning and the noise of the thunderclap stop my progression, I think "You are crazy". The rain change me same a fish just go outside the water...

Many other great memories for Us and the peoples made one or more full Moon,
The Queen, I am sure never forget her first full Moon on Seward and the incredible adventure in Street..... :D

All the peoples came with Us in Colvin, for the last full Moon, remember the bad weather under the rain in a very bad wet snow when We go out. :)

After Pinpin come back in my life, I put a carabiner to secure him, but a couple of other time He run away. One time I feel very bad, it was between Grace (East-Dix) and Spoted Mtn in april, the ground was covery part time by the snow, only a couple of cairn made a undefini path at this place, I need to hike 4 time this place, with only part time a shoes tracks in a spot of snow for guide, where I think I lose Pinpin before. I take a decision to made a last attempt, it was the first time I hike in this area and I need to go out before the dark time. Eureka! I find Pinpin.

I never made a real estimation How many full rounds Pinpin finished, but it will be easy to know this thing, He retirement after the 46 X46 but He lose the time He was under the snow, I think He made one or two peaks with You?

Every time I meet You or your friend know the Pinpin's story I tell Hi at Pinpin from your part, when We returned at home in St-Jérome.

Without You Pinpin never come back in Quebec!!! Thank You again ;)

Pinpin Junior.

Heroes

PINPIN

That's quite an amazing list of achievements.

You rank right up there with Jack Rabbit Johanssen, Roald Amundsen and Ernest Shackleton in my book.

Salut!

-Phil

Johanssen-Amundsen-Shackleton....

Hi Prino. :)

Hummm, All this men was dead....And Amundsen & Shackleton was dead in a great Adventure. :confused:

Johanssen had a longer life, all always remember to ski in Canadian Marathon with this young man 100 years old..... :)

I am not sure what I will prefert, will dead in a expedition or in my bed, but for me the must impotance is not a long life but a life with a good quality.

After a long hard day, same last saturday, 12 hours hiking in deep snow, in Seward range, a large part of the day "snowplowing" when I go to close my eyes, I just think "today We did not survive, today We LIVE..... :D

I was a small explorer in my last life, before I started hiking, in a couple a long expeditions in canoe, We are the first in 45 days to go down The Little Mecatina River (Labrador), 51 days in same conditions to go down The Great Whale River ( Hudson Bay, North Quebec), but nothing similare of this great explorers..... :cool:

Thank You. :rolleyes: