NH 4000-Footer Superlatives

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thought on Lincoln and Lafayette. I would rank Lincoln at least as hard as Lafayette due to the approach. I think you have them 8 and 9. Minor point.

Also, regarding the Carrigain conversation, the Signal Ridge on Carrigain is spectacular IMO and unique in the Whites. I like the summit as well although the view is due to the tower, but it is incredible.

I think I agree with you. I'll change Lincoln to a "9" for difficulty.

I also like the view from Signal Ridge better than from the summit of Carrigain. My pic above was taken on Signal Ridge as a matter of fact.

Count me in on the group that like Signal Ridge better than the actual summit of Carrigain. Interesting news on the Tecumseh views, may get my kids up for a winter 4K day hike.

Agreed on Signal Ridge. Awesome view. The Tower takes away from the summit
I've only done the Ammo trail once, down, in the rain. It was definitely not a good beginner trail, from my perspective. To me, a good beginner trail shouldn't have to be dry to have the ranking. The ledges on Whiteface are still pretty safe even when wet.

Relative to his list I was comparing it to how he had Garfield as good for beginners, and the steep rocky section below the Summit is comparably steep to anything on Ammo.

And the, view from the cabin and lookout on Cabot are pretty nice views in my opinion after all it is what I chose for my avatar.

I don't know if I read it wrong but it appears you have "Staff King" on route to Waumbek - should be "Starr King"