NH 4000 ft Awards

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A whole bunch of them are out in Pawtuckaway State Park right now, so you might need to wait a day or two for their responses...
:)

There were a LOT of finishers of the 48, the 115, and some 67's and winter 48's in there.

I finished my any-season NH 48.

DOn't forget me!!! I didn't make it to the dinner though. Hey VFTTop'r, what's with the avatar? :eek:

I got my scroll tonight for finishing my White Mountain All Season 48.
Had a great time in pawtuckaway today with the gang.. I'll have the trip report up tomorrow.. saw lots of VFTTopers at the awards ceremony. Seema, arm, sherpa k, harry k, askus3, tom rankin, just to name a FEW.

:D I'm trying to envision a trip report of Pawtuckaway. Let me guess, mud down low, short moderate climb, blue skies with excellent views? :D

I was there, too, but I'm afraid I didn't come up and introduce myself. I was the guy with the t-shirt, which may need no further explanation! A lot of people complimented me on it.

Sorry we couldn't stay for the movie, but it was going on to 11 o'clock by the time we got my son, Cameron, home, and Susan was exhausted, too. Too bad they couldn't have had award-receivers line up somehow so less time would be wasted waiting for people to negotiate the aisles.

Incidentally, they messed up my award. I was handed my New England Fours certificate, but I was supposed to get one from the Northeast 111ers as well. I had to approach Mike Dickerman after the ceremony to get it. Oh well.

I think the same thing happened to Dawn and Tom, but I wouldn't swear to it. By the way, did Mike announce how many of us applied for 111er membership this year? I didn't catch the number, if he did. I believe Gene (Daniell) said it was 332 who applied for White Mountain 4K membership, way above the old record.

My wife and I received our NE 4K footer certificates along with our friends Lady & the Tramper. There was quite the crowd there this year getting awards. Congratulations to everyone!

Clayton and I were there got our 48 awards. Good times. The lady that called our names (Mrs. Sawyer)made a weird comment as we were walking away and we still can't figure out what she ment by it...oh well. Went to portsmouth after, a little hungover today.

Last edited:
Only a little hung over?
:D

I had a great time seeing everyone! Sherpa John, sorry I didn't get the chance to chat with you, but I did finally get a copy of "48". Kudos to Arm on an incredible cake for SherpaK's upcoming fiftieth. Ayup. The big 5-0 for the big guy ;). Periwinkle, great to see you off the island, and to see everyone else (MEB & Co, Pat & Audrey, Cantdog, Tony, Seema & Brian, Skimom, Poison Ivy, the list goes on and on...). VFTT definitely had a power contingent there, even "the crazy Canuck" as he was announced (in the import/export business, indeed)!

I also found the dog awards amusing. Certificates were in fact presented to the dogs outside prior to the main ceremony. Some dogs even knew how to shake. :)

A grand time was had by all who made it to the Portsmouth Brewery afterward. We had to be kicked out at 1am when they closed. That's when I learned 62 miles is a long drive home from a bar at that time of night. Thank goodness for cold air and heavy metal music.

It was awesome to see so many VFTTers at the awards ceremony! We formed quite a contingent. And it's clear we'll have quite the same presence next year as well.

Congrats everyone!

Congrats also to -
John S., Little Bear, Jean and Nat, Arm, Julie Cantdog, Spongebob, Dawn, Aaron Askus3...
Maybe documentarian Sherpa K will post pix of us in our glory poses....

It was a tad bizarre, for lack of a better word. As they were walking away, Mrs. Sawyer said something like, "hiking with someone who looks like that will get you in trouble" and then went on to make a reference to how that happened to her when she started hiking with Tom.

It elicited a few guffaws and giant inhales from the corner where I was sitting, and I'm pretty sure she was remarking all in good fun. But the delivery needed some work! :)

alpinista said:
"hiking with someone who looks like that will get you in trouble"

I could be wrong but I thought I heard her say "hiking with someone who HIKES like that will get you in trouble" and I THINK she was refering to the speed at which the guy sped down to the front, leaving his girlfriend? in the dust :) and I think she meant that Tom also hikes that fast?

I could be wrong but that is what I heard and infered from her comment.

sli74

My sister and I were there and got our certificate for completing the 48. It was really nice to see everyone and contrats to all who got an award!

Sorry I missed out on the movie and the festivities...Happy D-Day SherpaK! It sounds like everyone had a great time!

-MEB

Congratulations to everyone who received their certificates! It was way more crowdwd than I expected. Due to being just plain tired, I missed out on the movie and festivities too. I'm sure there will be other opportunities.......... :)

Correction - Skimom made the cake, Arm just carried it in from the car.

It was a very incredible-looking cake! I hope somebody got pictures...
:)

I was there for my award, too, although I finished several years ago. I just kept putting off writing that essay. anyway, I was kind of glad I waited 'cause I got to be there with so many VFTT-er's. It was a lot of fun.

I wanted to stay for the movie - but we were getting tired (although we didn't have far to drive (20 minutes). I did purchase the DVD and for those of you who haven't seen it - do so. It's really great. Terrific job SherpaJohn!!!! Very nicely done. I will definitely watch it again and again and again.

Glad to see so many folks at the awards dinner. Some traveled long distances to be there (hope you all planned some vacation time so you could get some local hikes in while you were here).

see you all on the trail!!!

Happy Birthday to SherpaK and Audrey!!!