Nimblewill Nomad finishes all 11 National Scenic Trails!!! (On Mt. Monadnock)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle

Reaction score
Today, a long distance hiker named Nimblewill Nomad summitted Mt. Monadnock in NH to finish the New England National Scenic Trail. A somewhat short trail for long distance standards at 220 miles, but this wasn’t JUST his finish of the NET…….it was his finish of all 11 of the US National Scenic Trails!! The man has hiked all 11 of them, that‘s over 19,000 miles of trails on his old feet!! And he’s done some of them a couple of times! He is an inspiration to talk to and to walk with. Here’s to hoping we all make it to his age and are still able to walk the miles :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Scenic_Trail

P9090218.jpg

Attachments

• P9090218.jpg
    P9090218.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 657
"Ten Million Steps" on the ECT

His book about hiking from Key West to Quebec was over a decade ago - he's gotta be 70 something by now. Go Nomad!!

His book about hiking from Key West to Quebec was over a decade ago - he's gotta be 70 something by now. Go Nomad!!

He's going to be 75 next month! And equally amazing, Honey (an AT
Trail angel in Maine) hiked to the summit with us yesterday! At the
Young age of 80! This wasn't the easiest of trails and they both moved
right along! An inspiration for sure!

www.nimblewillnomad.com

An inspirational hiker

Hey Chickety, it was nice bumping into you and Dave on Monadnock yesterday with Nimblewill. I got some great photos of him on the summit including this one.IMG_0619.jpg

Amazing..... hope I'm in that good shape when I'm that age!!

Nimbleweed is my new "rock" star!

:cool:

That's fantastic news!

I had the pleasure of "hosteling" with him for a few days in 2000 at "The Cabin" in Maine (with Honey too). He was doing his Gaspe to Keys hike and we were headed south on the AT. Great guy. Happy for him. :) And glad to see Honey still hiking in the mountains too. It must keep you young.

I think he's 74

Last edited: