nippletop, dial, bear den 8/17/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan

Reaction score
date: 8/17/12

trails: ausable road, lake road trail, gill brook cut-off, trail to elk pass/nippletop, henry goddard leach trail

conditions: nice conditions almost all the way. a couple of mud patches on the ridge between nippletop and bear den, but generally good footing over the summits. some wet ledge on the steep ascent from elk pass. a few eroded sections between bear den and the shoulder of noonmark.

equipment: nothing in particular.

comments: forecast for the afternoon was questionable so i got a nice early start which made for relatively cool hiking. i was actually a bit chilled in the wind up on the summits of nippletop and dial. could almost feel fall approaching. had the trails to myself until the shoulder of noonmark on the descent. good views from the summits despite some clouds and haze. great day to complete the adk46. hoping to revisit them all in years to come particularly in the colder months. a great couple of days in the high peaks.

bryan

[email protected]