Non - outdoor people wearing the gear - does it irk you?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The troll thing was probably directed at me or sierra.

But yea, since joining a few months back, the seriousness is a bit over the top. It seems sometimes you can't say anything w/o having people getting all righteous on you.

There are some great fun people here, but also some righteous "I know everything" "my way is the best/only way" types - which is more "east coast attitude" than anything. Whatever east coast attitude means.

More Fun with Suits in the Mountains

I realize this has nothing to do with the intent of JohnL's post. It just brought back some fun memories.

I spent six years in a YMCA camp. The goal of our particular unit, "The Rangers", was to help kids in their teens finish the list of NH 4000 footers. Every week we left the main camp and went out on 3 to 4 day backpacking trips.

Whenever a group of kids got to their final summit the camp counselors would surprise them. They put up banners and balloons, donned suits and ties, and served cake and other goodies that would appear from their cavernous backpacks.

For a 13 year old kid this was fun. 35 years later it is still fun. The only difference is that now the summit celebrations involve more champagne and less pink lemonade.

Life is too short to take too seriously.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.