NYC welcomes Alpinista!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
The NY VFTTer's did their job in welcoming Alpinista into NYC at the Chelsea Brewery in lower Manhattan last night, Papabear , Hikethe115 , FunkyFreddy ,Warren and me. A good time was had by all.

Once again it seemed like chicken wings are a big thing at these farewell and welcoming parties along with some dark stout beers. I felt like an outsider again because I can't get used to drinking something that looks like WD-40 :eek:

Before the gathering, Dawn met me at Union Square and we watched some snow boarders do their tricks sliding down the rails. I read in the paper today that it was a $30,000 contest. Not bad for a few hours of work..

Here are some pics.......have a great weekend..

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2346400240065582691JhfEfD

SherpaKroto said:
Well, that's a start, but I'm sure that under her sweater she was wearing the Red Sox T-shirt that we signed! Take good care of our little lady! I mean it! ;)

No, I think that is hidden in a packing box somewhere, NEVER to see the light of day in NY!! :eek:

OK, NY'ers, take care of Alpinista; AKA Fashionista and EDITOR, we don't need any bad press. :) :D

Take care of her?....She's in good hands with FunkyFreddy! They are already planning her first Catskill trip....I'll just drive and bring the bagels...I'm on IR for a few months due to the lack of patience and wanting the "patch" before the April dinner...

SherpaKroto said:
Well, that's a start, but I'm sure that under her sweater she was wearing the Red Sox T-shirt that we signed!

Gee, it's a shame that since you all signed it in ink that it's not something I could ever get washed, thus, I won't ever be able to wear it! ;)

Wow, you really undestimate us Boston folks!

alpinista said:
Gee, it's a shame that since you all signed it in ink that it's not something I could ever get washed, thus, I won't ever be able to wear it! ;)
Aha - but you are wrong! We signed it with a Zig Memory System pen: Acid-free, Archival quality, Lightfast, Waterproof, Fade Proof, Non-bleeding. :D Certified by the Art and Creative Materials Instiitute. And you thought we didn't have that covered? Its colorfastness (hey, I made up a word!) will certainly outlast the Y**kees poster. :eek:

So you have the perfect Boston sendoff: a Sox T-Shirt signed in Celtic Green. :cool:

Good to see that Alpinista got a warm NYC welcome! Great pics, er, except for that ugly poster-thingy you gave her. :p ;)

Mmm, dark beer.