2/8 - NYC Beer night and welcome Alpinista

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikethe115

Reaction score
Lock Haven, PA; Avatar: the twins on Twin with onl
Would anyone be up for getting together the evening of Feb. 8 in Manhattan? I have to be there for a conference all day and would love to get together with some folks. There was talk of welcoming Alpinista to NY. She said she wouldn't be available until about 7:30 and the closer we are to the lower West side (in the teens near 10th Ave) the easier for her. So, hmmm, let me see, there is a pub over that way...gee, I do believe it is on the viewsandbrews list. Anyone up for meeting at Chelsea Brewing? I am open to other suggestions. Papa Bear??? I know you usually organize these.

hikethe115 said:
Would anyone be up for getting together the evening of Feb. 8 in Manhattan? I have to be there for a conference all day and would love to get together with some folks. There was talk of welcoming Alpinista to NY. She said she wouldn't be available until about 7:30 and the closer we are to the lower West side (in the teens near 10th Ave) the easier for her. So, hmmm, let me see, there is a pub over that way...gee, I do believe it is on the viewsandbrews list. Anyone up for meeting at Chelsea Brewing? I am open to other suggestions. Papa Bear??? I know you usually organize these.
Hi Dawn

I'm all for it. We could go back to the Chelsea Brewery which is in Chelsea Piers, around 20th Street and trhe Hudson River. Had a good evening there before. Thursday night is good for me.

you guys should do the NYC brown bag tour. In my younger days, I/freinds used to buy beer and stick them in bag - walk around all night rather than get a hotel. Got a great education too - people watching at its best. Plus you get some hiking in, bushwack through the park.

save cash on hotels. I heard they cracked down on this stuff though.

too bad they cleaned up times square though :eek: :eek: :eek:

We could always have more than 1! :D I'll try and make it, keep me in the loop.

I'm all over the Chelsea Brewery. Maybe we can hit the climbing walls there after a few pints! (I'm assuming it's at the same place as Chelsea Piers???) ;) :eek:

Not to be a debbie downer but a day pass at chelsea piers is $55. there are other gyms in the area which are more affordable, mphc and the city climbers club.
The art gallerys however are free......still.

charlos said:
Not to be a debbie downer but a day pass at chelsea piers is $55. there are other gyms in the area which are more affordable, mphc and the city climbers club.
The art gallerys however are free......still.

No worries. I was actually just goofin' around. I don't think I'll be in any condition to do any climbing after a beer and after a long day of work!

alpinista said:
No worries. I was actually just goofin' around. I don't think I'll be in any condition to do any climbing after a beer and after a long day of work!

In that case the driving range may be fun, one of the sports you can play with a beer handy!
its at least 4 stories tall and open at night. One of the fun nyc things i havent gotten to yet....like the circle line.

charlos said:
In that case the driving range may be fun, one of the sports you can play with a beer handy!
its at least 4 stories tall and open at night. One of the fun nyc things i havent gotten to yet....like the circle line.

Now you're talkin'! :D Fore! :D Is the driving range heated???

alpinista said:
Now you're talkin'! :D Fore! :D Is the driving range heated???

it seems so....

About The Golf Club at Chelsea Piers
As America's most technologically-advanced driving range and teaching center, the Golf Club at Chelsea Piers features 52-heated and weather-protected hitting stalls on four levels, a computerized automatic ball tee-up system, a 200-yard, net-enclosed artificial turf fairway with distinct greens and hazards and the on-site Golf Academy, a high-tech, 2,000-square-foot indoor teaching center. Manhattan's only year-round, outdoor driving range, The Golf Club at Chelsea Piers offers golfers the unique opportunity to hit full shots, practice their short game, take lessons with top PGA and LPGA teaching professionals, and enjoy the ambiance of a riverside country club without ever leaving the city. For more information about The Golf Club at Chelsea Piers please visit www.chelseapiers.com.

Will check dates but sounds good....if anyone is in the city early we can hike around central park and then hit the brewery.....it's on Dawn's and Tom's view and brew list!...

Tony, countdown to Alaska?....ps..sort of overdid some hiking last weekend in LA...need 2-3 more weeks of easy stuff....would like to get together early March....congrats to the family!

I've got 2 things to say:
1) You'd all better take care of our little lady!
2) She better wear her new shirt so you can all sign it!

Big ups to AMSTony and ChanelGirl for chauffeuring Ms Fashionista to her new digs! (ok, I guess that was 3 things :rolleyes: )

Alpinista has arrived in NYC

OK, I safely delivered her to NY at 4:00AM or so on Friday morning, the movers came at 8 AM........... :cool:

She is a Brooklyn girl now!!!! Make sure she doesn't grow real big hair, streak it blond, start chewing gum, and wearing tight pants and Boots!! :eek: :eek:

We'll be checking up on you NY'ers! :)

Plus how about a couple more hits on this thread........... :rolleyes: hahahaha