NEW ENGLAND FAREWELL TO ALPINISTA and a Boston Beer night!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amstony

Reaction score
Alpinista, AKA Fashionista or (the EDITOR) is abandoning the Commonwealth and moving to the Big Apple, ie: NYC on February 2nd. :( She has been promoted by the AP and her promotion involves moving to a new locale.

Her promotion and farewell will of course force us to have another Boston beer event, which due too her constantly changing and busy schedule will have to be on February 1. It will start technically at 4:30 PM, or whenever someone can get there and grab some tables or bar space.

The location on February 1 is up for grabs. There's a game that night at the garden, :eek: so we're reviewing local, easily accessible by commuter rail spots to drink.

The Farewell is not only open to Bostonites, but anyone else who has hiked, drank, kissed, ran, kayaked, sang, or celebrated a birthday in January, etc., etc. with Ms. Alpinista over the years.

Let me know who is coming, send me a PM or respond to the thread. :)

Count me in Tony. I don't foresee any potentially conflicting engagements with the mayor or governor either. ;)

Will Lisa have a new title, like Managing Editor or Super Editor? :)

Marty

Gosh, wow! Congrats !!!

I would love to try to come to this, being a thursday night its pretty darn impossible from Vermont; but know that I will be there, falling down drunk, in Spirit!

Go Yankees!

It'll be great to hoist a few with y'all. I can't think of a finer farewell than hanging out with ya. :D

And, of course ... it'll be great for the NY-based VFTTers to host a WELCOME beer night once I'm down there! ;) (Yeah, yeah, I know, don't press my luck)...

You have to talk to Papa Bear about the NY beer gatherings. I think they are somewhat sparsely done since the attendance is seemingly spotty.. (at least the NYC beer gatherings).

Welcome to New Yawwwwkkk... I hope you are rich. :)

Jay

Jay H said:
You have to talk to Papa Bear about the NY beer gatherings. I think they are somewhat sparsely done since the attendance is seemingly spotty.. (at least the NYC beer gatherings).

Welcome to New Yawwwwkkk... I hope you are rich. :)

Jay

Well, we'll have to change THAT! i expect regularly scheduled and heavily attended beer nights from now on! ;)

I'm willing to have a welcoming party when you get in! PaPa bear and I had a mini gathering a few weeks ago...
Are you moving into the city or surrounding area?

Hey, I think I should be able to do that, and even act as proxy for una_dogger!

(well, I mean I'll take pictures, not fall down drunk :D)

Coldfeet: I'm gonna be living in Brooklyn and working in midtown Manhattan near Penn Station _ so anywhere in between works well for a VFTT gathering.

Peakbagr: I am counting on exploring the Catskills and Dacks _ as well as still trying to find time to hike in northern New England. There are three 4ks in Baxter State Park with my name on them that keep calling out to me! :D

MichaelJ said:
Hey, I think I should be able to do that, and even act as proxy for una_dogger!

(well, I mean I'll take pictures, not fall down drunk :D)

Well, that's no fun! ;)

Hey Lisa, if you're living in Brooklyn, you should talk to Warren, he is from Brooklyn and Funkyfreddy is not far from the Brooklyn/Queens border. Both of them usually go to Papa Bear's NYC gathering in any case.... I'm not a drinker and I stay away from NYC as much as I can....

You should check out adkhighpeaks.com, all the catskills people hang out over there... (shhhhh!)

Jay

Bobby said:
As long as the gathering doesn't cut into my Ground Hog day celebration, I can make it.

Wow, Ground Hog day! Now i definitely have to come too! :) :p

Brooklyn, my old stomping ground..........I could show you a few great spots to imbibe in the 4th largest city in America, or so they used to claim! We'll start on 3rd Avenue and head towards Manhattan! :D

Chip said:
HA ! EXCELLENT ! We need all the help we can get down here ! :D

Yeah she is back in the tristate area.

How about a Mohawk-Dudelytown- Beer night???

I'll be there. It'll be sad having to root for the Yankees, but Lisa is very adaptable. :eek: Maybe a Mets fan?

-dave-

See Her SING!!

Hey all,

Lisa-Alpinista is a featured vocalist with the official VFTT in-house band (The Bluffs).

She'll be performing her last show as a "New Englander" this weekend in Vermont at the Gathering. After this show, she'll become a New York Doll.

So come see her knock out such classics as White Rabbit, Proud Mary, Danc'n in the Streets, and more.

Two shows - Saturday and Sunday nights, starting at 7.

cb

I'll be there to lobby Alpinista to continue rooting for the Red Sox and Patriots. It'll demonstrate independance, loyalty and the wisdom to pick a winner ... qualities all becoming an editor.

Stan said:
I'll be there to lobby Alpinista to continue rooting for the Red Sox and Patriots. It'll demonstrate independance, loyalty and the wisdom to pick a winner ... qualities all becoming an editor.

Oh, Stan Stan Stan. Will you ever learn??? I have NEVER rooted for the Red Sox! :eek: In fact, one of the great things about moving to NY is that I will no longer have to worry about getting slugged for rooting for the Yanks. I might get slugged for other reasons, but not for that -- at least not in NY! :D :D :D