NEW ENGLAND FAREWELL TO ALPINISTA and a Boston Beer night!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sapblatt said:
Planning on being there....I am bringing Daisuke Matsuzaka, Curt Schilling and Jason Varitek with me! :D

Great, I just heard from their aides that Deval Patrick, Mitt Romney and Mumbles will be there too, also that Mayor Bloomberg in NY is giving her the "KEY" to the city and George Steinbrenner is sending his private jet to fly her to NYC on Feb. 2!!! :p

I traditionally spend Groundhog Day eve in quiet contemplation, refraining from all vices. But I am willing to make an exception for Lisa. Count me in.

amstony said:
Mayor Bloomberg in NY is giving her the "KEY" to the city and George Steinbrenner is sending his private jet to fly her to NYC on Feb. 2!!! :p

That's just because they don't want any of the stories that go through Lisa to say anything bad about them. :D

You never know who'll show up at one of these things. ;)

New York New York

Lisa,

When did this all take place (where have I been)?
You'll be missed dearly.
Wishing you the best of luck in the big apple.
I will be at your farewell party to toast a couple of pints
with you.

"Neeeeeew York City????????" (said to the tune of a salsa commercial)

Yet another misplaced Yankees fan is pushed from Red Sox Nation. Ahhhh excellent....the plan, "Preparation H", is coming together nicely.

I hope you enjoy watching the Yankees lose when you are in New York as much as you did while you were in Boston.

Good luck. (to you, not the Yankees)

- darren

Reactions: arm
The location

After considerable consultation with the party organizer, VFTTers at this past weekend's winter gathering and a review of establishments within walking distance of North Station, we have come up with the perfect locale for this soiree: Hooters!!! 225 Friend Street, Boston.

I hope this spot meets everyone's expectations.

A few of us will be showing up around 4:30 p.m. to score some tables.

Last edited:
The mind boggles. Really. It's boggling right now as I type. I also like typing boggle.

Boggle, boggle, boggle.

-dave-

Hooters: Delightfully Tacky, Yet Unrefined!!

Perfect!! :D

But it's just too far to travel on a weeknight. Based on this past weekend, falling down seems easy for me, so I'll fall down at the local Hooters in your honor!! Maybe this is what the WNY Gathering contingent needed...

Congrats on the move. Put me on your ADK hiking card -- we have to consummate our [newly formed] relationship with a hike!!

Bubba and the rest of the NY'rs (and NJ's) are giving you a NY salute ;)

No sleep 'til Brooklyn!!!!

Jay

So would someone be so kind as to inform this young and innocent hiker (No, not that one, the OTHER one in the avatar!) of the location of the august establishment known as "Hooters"?

Mad Townie said:
So would someone be so kind as to inform this young and innocent hiker (No, not that one, the OTHER one in the avatar!) of the location of the august establishment known as "Hooters"?

Hooter's is on Friend St., off of Causeway St., near the TD BankNorth Garden. Just a few doors down from Hilton's Tent City.

I have ALWAYS wanted an excuse to check out a Hooters. Er, Hooter, er, no, wait, that sounds wrong.

Well anyway--I'm there!! Shake it BABY!